Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
I thought the announcers last year acknowlegded when it was Halloween or Christmas?
But I dont recall the visual trimmings along the text borders. Its been a while since Ive played 360.

Either way I have 2k10 paid off already, as I only buy 1 NBA game. Draft Combine sold me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 08-05-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Also, LOL @ the jerseys still not sitting on their shoulders... how long has that been a problem? Jeez... look at Artest with the tin foil shorts crinkle from 2K7..
I really don't like how 2K does there jerseys and shorts, compared to the detail, the way they fit on the players, and to what they actually look like in real life. Live definitely has them beat in that department. I'm hoping these are just early screens. Looks ok though. You can definitely see the improvements of the player models though, minus the jerseys.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Yet, even with the games that meet those basic goals, I've always felt there was another level that sports gaming commentary could reach: creating a back-and-forth between hosts that's at once believable as an exchange and insightful. After seeing NBA 2K10 for the first time at 2K Sports' HQ yesterday, it seems the game is as close to reaching that next plateau as I've ever seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Sick. Best 2k "1st" screenshots they've ever released. They will only get better. Off to read

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Where do you start when talking about NBA 2K10? The thousands of new gameplay animations that were mo-capped to either replace older animations or be added to the game as new? The single-player "My Player" mode that puts you in the sneaks of an up-and-coming hoops player? The create-a-draft class option in this year's Association mode? Where do you start with a game that will mark the 10th anniversary of the long-running NBA 2K series? There are so many options to choose from, but I'd like to start in an unlikely place: commentary.
Some people should be happy about that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

"The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court."

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

EDIT: The partnership with 82games.com should help the ratings/tendencies.. hopefully the 2K Insider is being put out to pasture as the main ratings determinant.

"The right trigger is also used for sprinting, but because turbo has been abused in the past (especially online, where you can essentially sprint endlessly), the developers are looking to make turbo more of a commodity than ever before. As a result, when sprinting, you'll notice your turbo meter depleting more rapidly than before, and if you use up your turbo completely, your player's energy will drain dramatically if you continue to sprint."

Finally!

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-05-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 16

The detail is great, that is to be expected. They didnt blow my mind or anything and definitely didnt blow away NBA Live shots, which to me look more realistic.

Im just waiting for gameplay details on both sides to pick my game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
"The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court."
So does that mean wingspan will actually matter this year? If so, that would be amazing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »