Home

EA Sports Predicts the Upcoming NFL Season Using Madden NFL 10 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Predicts the Upcoming NFL Season Using Madden NFL 10 (Press Release) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports Predicts the Upcoming NFL Season Using Madden NFL 10 (Press Release)

August 4, 2009 — The 2009 NFL season will, once again, be ruled by Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, according to the official Madden NFL 10 Season Simulation. With the August 14th release of Madden NFL 10 less than 2 weeks away, EA SPORTS gazed into the crystal ball to predict the divisional winners and league leaders of the 2009 NFL season.
After missing nearly the entire 2008 season due to an injured left knee, Tom Brady led the New England Patriots to the best overall record (14-2) as he compiled over 4,500 yards and threw for 47 touchdowns – also being named the season MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.

The rest of the AFC played out similar to last season, as the Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers won their divisions, while the Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens secured the AFC Wild Card spots. The biggest surprise was the performance of New York Jets rookie quarterback, Mark Sanchez, who took home the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. It was not enough, however, as the Jets once again failed to make the playoffs.

In the NFC, the Philadelphia Eagles returned to prominence, winning the toughest division (NFC East), thanks to a 12-4 record. Andy Reid was awarded Coach of the Year. The Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons prove that last year wasn’t a fluke as they took home their division crowns. The Jay Cutler-led Chicago Bears will also rebound in a big way, taking the NFC North division. The New York Giants and Carolina Panthers grabbed the NFC Wild Card spots.

NFL 2009 Season Awards (as simulated by Madden NFL 10):

NFL MVP – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Offensive Player of the Year – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Defensive Player of the Year – Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Offensive Rookie of the Year – Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
Defensive Rookie of the Year – Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins
Coach of the Year – Andy Reid, Philadelphia Eagles.

NFL 2009 All-Pro Team:

Quarterback – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Running Back
o Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
o Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
Wide Receiver
o Randy Moss, New England Patriots
o Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
Tight End – Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
Offensive Line
o Matt Light, New England Patriots
o Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia Eagles
o Chris Snee, New York Giants
o Logan Mankins, New England Patriots
o Michael Roos, Tennessee Titans
Defensive Line
o Trevor Pryce, Baltimore Ravens
o Haloti Ngata, Baltimore Ravens
o Kris Jenkins, New York Jets
o Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants
Linebacker
o Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
o Channing Crowder, Miami Dolphins
o James Farrior, Pittsburgh Steelers
Defense Back
o Brandon Meriweather, New England Patriots
o Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
o Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens
o Donte Whitner, Buffalo Bills
Kicker – Josh Scobee, Jacksonville Jaguars
Punter – Brad Maynard, Chicago Bears
Kick Returner – Devin Hester, Chicago Bears
Punt Returner – Josh Cribbs, Cleveland Browns
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports Predicts the Upcoming NFL Season Using Madden NFL 10 (Press Release)

Well it looks like Sanchez will at least be good in Madden.

I wonder if any of the simulated seasons had the Jets winning the Super Bowl, which is what will happen. Sanchez gets hurt, Clemens struggles and the Jets call in BRETT FAVRE!!! Who leads us to a Super Bowl victory, in Wranglers.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
lol they got one wrong already haha. Hester said he will only return punts from now on because he wants to be a top WR. Dude needs to stick where he can score points easy not where he has to struggle.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports Predicts the Upcoming NFL Season Using Madden NFL 10 (Press Release)

I just don't see a high powered Offense winning a championship. Defense win championships!

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer

I wonder if any of the simulated seasons had the Jets winning the Super Bowl, which is what will happen. Sanchez gets hurt, Clemens struggles and the Jets call in BRETT FAVRE!!! Who leads us to a Super Bowl victory, in Wranglers.
Lol. I actually played the full retail version of Madden 10 for the PS3 yesterday at a Gamestop near me (yet, they weren't selling the game). 2 half games with my Jets against Dal then the Giants. Sanchez was worth his salt especially in the game against the Giants where I CREAMED them 21-0 by halftime. I didn't play full games because I wanted to be respectful of others who may have wanted to play. I played one half of the Dal game where we were tied 7-7 at half but Sanchez lead the way toward tying up the score before the half then I left and came back about 15 min later and played the half game against the Giants. Both games were on All Pro and I setup 5 min quarters, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer

As hilarious as that scenario would be, I don't buy it lol.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

We don't even win in the game. Damn.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8
haha wow, the engine had Brady throwing for 47 TDs? Funny how funky that engine must be for that and for having the Saints get to the SB.

I like how the engine seems to have some insane Patriots bias programmed in because even based on ratings they do better than they should according to this simulated season.

The sad thing of course is that real life people actually think the Pats will somehow dominate this year and Brady will somehow put up stats that aside from one single year he never has and that no other player has done in "back to back" type years.

Peyton Manning has the best seasonal averages of any player in history and has been doing it for 11 seasons yet somehow Brady's single season (that wasn't even as good as Manning's best) means he will become a composite of every top QB and be putting up huge numbers.

I look forward to the real season where Brady probably goes back to throwing under 30 TDs (because you know, aside form 07 he NEVER HAS thrown for more than 28) and everyone can be shocked by that. People need to clue in that the 07 seasons by him and NE was a fluke and it won't happen again. They had one of the easiest schedules in history and were able to run up the score with it (the amount of stats padding Brady got to do late in 4th qtr blowouts is nuts) and they really should have been 12-4, or maybe 13-3 but got lucky at the end of games.

Amazing how after 2004 nobody was expecting Manning to follow up with 45+ TDs yet with Brady somehow it is now expected. Makes no sense at all since again, Manning had history before that of high stats and also the fact that he threw 49 TDs in 15 games (and only 497 passes. Brady needed 580+ for the 50) and set a rating record that I doubt will ever be touched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »