Home

Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong

This is a discussion on Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 article, over at AskMadden, titled Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong. Written by OS Forum member, deloz.

Quote:
"Whats happening guys? Hope you are all not having too hard of a time waiting out these last couple weeks until the game drops….it gets harder with each passing day, but we all know that it is part of the experience of the game coming out each year.

This time around, I wanted to take a look at an issue that divides the community like East and West Germany during the Cold War: The argument of what constitutes the word “Sim” during any given game of Madden. It, of course, is short for “simulation,” and the easy thing to say is that it means to play Madden with an NFL football style of play."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong

My opinion is that if you dont know how to emulate what a real NFL team does, then you propably dont know what sim is.

I feel like I play sim, but some people think some of the stuff i do is not.

Ill run a HB dive over and over again if someone is playing a dollar defense on me.

Some people just dont get that its the dollar defense that chessy, and not the fact that Im running a dive up your throat every time.

I basically take what I can get, and if I see the same D over and over, Im going to take advantage of it. To me, adjusting to what the defense gives me is sim, even though I may run the same play over and over.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

I am sick of people ranting about "sim vs cheese" play, especially when they don't even know what they are writing about...that article was a waste of time IMO.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Freestyle Ballers Is that what they are calling it now?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

To be honest, a lot of the things that glitchy players do are things that should never be rewarded and are often punished on the football field (whether directly or in a roundabout way).

If a quarterback rolls out of the pocket on a play that isn't designed for that, he is rolling into pressure, therefore, he should be in danger of a sack/forced into a bad throw, etc.

If a player runs hurry up the entire quarter, then by the third or fourth play...they should be gassed. There's not one team in the entire league that could go no-huddle and hurry up for an entire game and not suffer the consequences of fatigue.

If a player is fatigued from running 5 straight 20 plus yard routes, then the level of play should drop accordingly. Physically not up to their best, mentally tired, fundamentals slip, things happen. Injuries, fumbles, etc. Same for quarterbacks that are exhausted, whether it's from rolling out all game, or being sacked 4 times in one quarter, or what have you, there should be some penalty for playing irresponsibly. As of now, there's not, and that's what is allowing the cheesers free reign over the games.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
If a player runs hurry up the entire quarter, then by the third or fourth play...they should be gassed. There's not one team in the entire league that could go no-huddle and hurry up for an entire game and not suffer the consequences of fatigue.
I think it should depend on how much time you waste on the playclock. Keep hiking the ball early on in the playclock and the player should get fatigued faster.

Even people that pick their play quick at the playcall screen, and hike the ball as soon as the offense sets should get fatigued.

The longer you take on the playclock, the less the fatigue should set in. If Madden could do that, I think it would be more realistic. I no huddle because I like to call plays at the line, but it annoys me when people abuse it.

Last edited by MAHAM; 08-10-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
Good article but im sure that alot of people has different opinions.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

People need to have Bacherlor's in science before I respect anything they say about "Physics and Momentum".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »