Home

Got Questions for the NBA Live 10 Developers? (Read first post for details)

This is a discussion on Got Questions for the NBA Live 10 Developers? (Read first post for details) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Got Questions for the NBA Live 10 Developers? (Read first post for details)

Hey everyone, since NBA Live 10 is now looming, the developers want to answer some questions that you all have about the game. OS will be doing more than one of these Q&A sessions, so we're going to try and concentrate the questions on specific parts of a game, rather than just have each Q&A session be a smorgasbord of topics.

So, this Q&A session will revolve around GAMEPLAY and ANYTHING RELATING TO THE VIDEOS/IMAGES THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED THUS FAR. So if you have questions about those topics, POST THEM IN HERE, and I will forward quite a few of them to the developers. After that, expect a front-page story that has the answers from the developers.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PSP
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Got Questions for the NBA Live Developers? (Read first post for details)

Are there signature Quickstrike moves, along with the Signature Size-ups?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

will there be tip slams? will the face editor from fight night be in the game? is the create a player revamped? will the created players stop looking so generic? can created players get the handles packages like D. Wade, KB24 and Chris Paul? Any Dynasty changes?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

will players such as lebron, dwade, kobe have there own signature dunks/ moves?

Also, when lebron or dwade is on a fastbreak and a point guard is under goal will lebron or dwade finally dunk on that person because i dont like how a point guard can make a person like lebron not dunk on him unless he is gettin fouled
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

What are some of the improvements that have been made to the fastbreak game? And how have you guys further improved the halfcourt game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

can you throw alleys inbounds
Old 08-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Did you retain the "signature move" element from NBA Live 09, where you hold a direction and shoot to engage special player-specific jumpers like Baron Davis' stepback? I like those moves a lot and thought it would be a good way to improve the signature styles beyond just the shot form, dribble package, celebrations, etc., but I haven't heard anything about it this year.

Can we get an explanation on the control system as relates to controlling shots since the two-button system was removed? Is it all just contextual or (as I thought Mike Wang mentioned earlier) can you elect to put it off the glass, change it in mid-air, etc.? Is it something like 2K had for a while where you hold LT and it goes off the glass or something?

I know that lockdown defense proper was removed, but is there still interaction with the RS as the defender? I.E. putting hands up to contest without jumping, taking a charge, getting low in a defensive stance? I always thought the RS was a good place to put these additional controls but they've been horrible in both games for years now (especially the contest shot command) and it would be nice to see a usable defensive stick.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Did you guys add a lot of signature free throw routines and free throw shots?(2k9 did this really well)

Do you feel your game can be mistaken for an actual broadcast this year?(camera angles, cuts zooms, replays)

Are you guys ever going to add more coaches or characters to makes the benches look more accurate?

Will you guys ever consider looking at each arenas camera placement to give us the most accurate tv replication as possible?

Will the cpu teams use superstars to their advantage? Can Lebron take over the game if I'm facing him?

Has any work been done to the double teams?

Are their any new accessories added?

If you guys did in fact add signature packages(dunks lay-ups dribble moves), will we be able to edit them? Are they going to be updated through DNA?

Can animations be added this year via updates?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »