Home

2K Sports Signs Derrick Rose for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Signs Derrick Rose for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0
2K Sports Signs Derrick Rose for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

2K Sports Signs Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose as Spokesman
for the NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Downloadable Game

Chicago’s finest brings his award-winning Rookie
experience to NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

New York, NY – August 11, 2009 – 2K Sports announced today that rising NBA star, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, will be featured as the spokesman for NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide fans with an immersive pre-season basketball experience leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Rose, the 2009 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year, has quickly become one of the most electrifying playmakers in the league, and this season NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will tap into Rose’s personal knowledge and experience training for the NBA Draft.

“It’s a great feeling to partner with 2K Sports and represent the greatest basketball franchise on the planet,” said Rose, point guard for the Chicago Bulls. “I look forward to providing my insights of what that first year in the league is really like, and what it takes to stay on top of your game. This season, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will be a place where fans can experience the life of a player trying to make it to the NBA. The drills are challenging, and the group scrimmages are always extremely competitive with everyone looking to improve their draft stock as well. It’s as real as it gets.”

Rose, who led the University of Memphis to the NCAA Championship game in his freshman year, was selected the top overall pick by his hometown Chicago Bulls in the 2008 NBA Draft after only one college season. This past year, he averaged 16.8 points, 6.3 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game and was selected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team. Additionally, Rose led the Chicago Bulls back to the NBA playoffs, and his 36 points tied Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s NBA record for the most points scored by a rookie in his playoff debut.

“Derrick is the perfect fit to be our spokesman for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Not only is he one of the most dynamic young playmakers in the NBA today, he’s the pride of Chicago, where the real NBA Draft Combine is located. We look forward to working closely with Derrick this season, and are thrilled to offer our fans a brand new pre-season basketball experience with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.”

In NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, fans will begin their career at the ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago by building their own custom player and working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, to step up their game through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games to increase their NBA draft stock. The greater a player excels at a particular drill, or in completing specific game objectives, the more valuable skill points they will receive which can be used to improve one of over 30 key player attributes. Fans can then take their custom built players in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey toward becoming an NBA legend.

NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, developed by Visual Concepts, is planned for release in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India on August 26 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (400 Microsoft Points), and North America and Korea on September 3 for the PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system ($4.99). For more information about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Derrick Rose Cover Athelete of the Draft Combine

I just saw that on facebook and was like...is that it?

Glad it isn't the insight.

Cool that it is coming out August 26th for me. I may not even buy Madden and just play this!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10
Official unveiling of the NBA 2K10: Draft combine is

Derrick Rose! I guess EA knew before us. Available Aug. 26 on 360 and Sep. 3rd on PSN. http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc

Last edited by rm217; 08-11-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Re: Official unveiling of the NBA 2K10: Draft combine is

Sorry man, I beat ya to it. I even have the IGN article about it.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

Yeah, Ron even said this:

"The plan is to have videos tied to future insights. But not this first one. Should be just a bit before the insight is posted."

"Trying to push for a hour. Just finalizing a screen."

A screen?

ha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Yea Derrick Rose is coo... Can't wait to download this though... wonder if derrick would play a fan in NBA2K 10 when it drops..?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

August 26th Cool.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 08-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Still no love for the PS3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »