Home

NBA Developer Insight: NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, Part I

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insight: NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, Part I within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: First 2k Developer Insight: NBA2k10 Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Sounds like its one player per online account. Not really surprising to me but its definitely disappointing.

What a waste !!!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Sounds like its one player per online account. Not really surprising to me but its definitely disappointing.
Where does it suggest the number of players that can be created?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I really wouldn't call it a waste. I think it's a good idea for the user to focus on one player. Think about it, in real life can you pursue two NBA careers simultaneously? This will make the gamer really ponder the player he wants to create and really force the player to be committed to that player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 17

Still thinking that you can make as many as you want, but can only upload one player to NBA 2k10.

Nothing really in the insight that we didn't already know. Just pretty much confirming that you can make any kind of player you want, but it'll be harder to make a unique kind of player like a Dirk.

Should be interesting to see what is there Thursday, hopefully more information on when you actually do get drafted.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm just guessing, but if you can only have one player uploaded at a time why have multiple players created players at once.

Last edited by infam0us; 08-11-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Still thinking that you can make as many as you want, but can only upload one player to NBA 2k10.
i thought this was mentioned in a preview, maybe on gamespot?

you can create multiple players but only upload one. now, if its upload one at a time then thats a little different. you could upload one, get him into the full game and then upload another and overwite the previously saved player. since you would already have your original player saved in his career, you wouldnt need him on the 2k servers anymore.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I still am not clear is this just a way to gain bonus points before entering My Player or do you need download the Draft Combine in order to access My Player? I am leaning towards the notion that this is just a way to get our hands on 2K10 and boost up your player in the process.

The other thing is I wonder how hard it is going to be to create a Dirk type player the way that Simballer made it sound was that it is going to be way to hard to attempt, but nonetheless I will probably attempt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm just guessing, but if you can only have one player uploaded at a time why have multiple players created players at once.
So you can still play the Combine? I'm getting the feeling, that most people think you can create one player. Then play through the drills and scrimmages, and that's it.

I'm saying (Gamespot preview), that I'm pretty sure you can create as many players as you want, but can only import one from the Combine to 2k10. I'm hoping this is the case at least, that way I can create a player or two at every position and pick the one I like the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »