Home

Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong

This is a discussion on Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Sim Ballers Vs. Freestyle Ballers, And Why Both Sides Are Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
People need to have Bacherlor's in science before I respect anything they say about "Physics and Momentum".
LMAO! So true! People just sling that phrase around like crazy. I guess that's their "intellectual words" haha!
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 08-10-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I think it should depend on how much time you waste on the playclock. Keep hiking the ball early on in the playclock and the player should get fatigued faster.

Even people that pick their play quick at the playcall screen, and hike the ball as soon as the offense sets should get fatigued.

The longer you take on the playclock, the less the fatigue should set in. If Madden could do that, I think it would be more realistic. I no huddle because I like to call plays at the line, but it annoys me when people abuse it.
It's a good thought, but what happens before the play is actually started? One must get into position, remember the assignment, line up, not jump offsides, and still execute crisp routines for every position. 10 or 12 seconds off the clock is not going to change the mental fatigue that should set in from doing that 10 times in a row on a drive, much less from doing it 15 times in rapid succession.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13
If people choose to cheat, that's their problem. Honestly, I even like to play against cheesers sometimes just to attempt to win with straight up skill. My issue is when they gloat and act as if their really talented at the game. Cheesers with inflated egos are the worst kind of oxymoron
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
I am sick of people ranting about "sim vs cheese" play, especially when they don't even know what they are writing about...that article was a waste of time IMO.
Not as big of a waste of time as your pointless and ignorant negativity. Send a ps3 friend request to jondeloz if you feel like losing badly....and I will do it the right way too, no RB diving or RC here. I'll perform open heart surgery on you.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
My opinion is that if you dont know how to emulate what a real NFL team does, then you propably dont know what sim is.

I feel like I play sim, but some people think some of the stuff i do is not.

Ill run a HB dive over and over again if someone is playing a dollar defense on me.

Some people just dont get that its the dollar defense that chessy, and not the fact that Im running a dive up your throat every time.

I basically take what I can get, and if I see the same D over and over, Im going to take advantage of it. To me, adjusting to what the defense gives me is sim, even though I may run the same play over and over.
Im glad you posted this up. People tend to think that playing cheesy comes from the offense side of things and not as much from the defense side of things.

If someone want to play a dollar defense and your coming out in a run package than you should run dives on them all day.

I dont consider what you do as being wrong at all. Players need to mix their defensive play calling up also.

A true sim player knows how to call a game on both sides of the ball and understands how to call a defense according to the package the offense is coming out in or situation.

You have done nothing wrong.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

I played a cheese artist last night in my online dynasty in NCAA.

I thought everyone played football like it should. I am not saying sim, because well, yeah it's a video game nothing is sim. You want sim, download Football Mogul.

Anyways. So he gets the ball first. He is Michigan, and I am Penn State. he goes four wide, and starts running out of the pocket throwing bombs the whole time. So I didn't change my plan until I knew he do this the whole game. After he did two drives of it and got TD's I went to my old "Michael Vick Killer" strategy. Basically I CB blitzed the first few plays his next drive. Got Sacks. He still kept trying to roll out, so I went to DE contain, and Trap for the rest of the Game. All he did was run into a sack everytime.

Defense he went into goal line all the time, so I just hit my TE or slot reciever. I also had 176 yards rushing on him,because he try to free blitz with his MLB to get that tackle on the QB right away, but only got that once, and Iwas free running.

There is always a counter to cheese, even if you do cheese yourself. Needles to say I beat him 47-21 (the third TD was a fumble recovery for him, he recovered his own fumble on a kickoff and got an easy TD.)
Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I honestly can't stand people who don't know the game of football and therefore the lack of knowledge shows in Madden and it's just not fun. IMO, simulation players are more fun and competitive because its as realistic as can be and there's no goofy plays or touchdowns. And the overall mood is more serious and I like that because I'm very competitive. I guess I just take it too seriously or people are just that ridiculously dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
A true sim player knows how to call a game on both sides of the ball and understands how to call a defense according to the package the offense is coming out in or situation.
Thats the biggest mistake I see from players on Madden too. So many people call the wrong plays at the wrong times, and seem to have little understanding of personel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »