Home

Oscar De La Hoya Headlines Downloadable Boxer Pack for Fight Night Round 4

This is a discussion on Oscar De La Hoya Headlines Downloadable Boxer Pack for Fight Night Round 4 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Oscar De La Hoya Headlines Downloadable Boxer Pack for Fight Night Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
do y'all realize how much it costs to sign these boxers? They cant just put any boxer they want in the game. They have to negotiate and sign these boxers that overvalue themselves.

I cant believe people are complaining about 10 bucks for cripes sake. At least FN is adding quality DLC. That is 2 bucks a boxer for one of the best DLC packs you will see. A couple of maps for Halo will cost more than 10 bucks.

anyway, im stoked about all of the boxers in the pack, but especially the K bros. They will round out FN's heavyweight roster very nicely.
If it was 10 bucks for 5 NEW fighters, it MIGHT be worth it. As it is, it's 3 new fighters and 2 guys we already have in the game.

As for comparing it to other games, I can buy 3 new Rock Band songs for 440 MS points. Heck, for the same 800 MS Points they want for 5 boxers, I bought Fable 2 Knothole Island, which provided almost 20 hours of brand new content.

It's way too expensive, that's all there is to it.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

complaining over 10 bucks? 10 would be well worth it for DLH and the K bros alone...and we dont "already have" middleweight James Toney or old George Foreman in the retail game.

I am notoriously hesitant to give EA props, but they did a great job with the boxers they chose for this DLC pack and with the price. You can best believe that it wasnt easy or cheap to sign the K bros considering they hold 3 out of 4 of the current HW belts, and especially considering that the K's have their own licensed game.

Some of you dont understand how difficult and expensive it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I guarantee you that signing the K bros was expensive. They are a couple of the most popular athletes in Europe, and EA wants to market to Europe as well.

Last edited by ZB9; 08-13-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #19
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
complaining over 10 bucks? 10 would be well worth it for DLH and the K bros alone...and we dont "already have" middleweight James Toney or old George Foreman in the retail game.

I am notoriously hesitant to give EA props, but they did a great job with the boxers they chose for this DLC pack and with the price. You can best believe that it wasnt easy or cheap to sign the K bros considering they hold 3 out of 4 of the current HW belts, and especially considering that the K's have their own licensed game.

Some of you dont understand how difficult and expensive it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I guarantee you that signing the K bros was expensive. They are a couple of the most popular athletes in Europe, and EA wants to market to Europe as well.
I FULLY understand how difficult it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I also understand that licensing them at all is irrelevant if it causes the price to be prohibitive.

I'm not complaining at all. I won't be downloading it, nor do I care if I'm missing out on anything. I'm merely suggesting that I've downloaded additional content for a great many games and it wasn't this expensive. $10 for 5 boxers is out of line for the current DLC market.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

if a mere 10 bucks for this excellent DLC is too expensive for someone, then maybe they should get a job instead of playing FN....no offense

Last edited by ZB9; 08-13-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #21
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
if a mere 10 bucks for this excellent DLC is too expensive for someone, then maybe they should get a job instead of playing FN....no offense
It's not whether we can afford it or not it has to do with what your getting in return compared to other games and their dlc. I find EA's dlc is a bit to high especially for Tiger Woods which is almost $8 for one course. I'd rather spend it on other games dlc which has more offer. I get a fair amount of games so I am careful where I spend my money and dlc can add up to alot if you try to upgrade most of your games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #22
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
It's not whether we can afford it or not it has to do with what your getting in return compared to other games and their dlc. I find EA's dlc is a bit to high especially for Tiger Woods which is almost $8 for one course. I'd rather spend it on other games dlc which has more offer. I get a fair amount of games so I am careful where I spend my money and dlc can add up to alot if you try to upgrade most of your games.
what do you feel a "fair" price is for this DLC? (without you knowing how much it cost to sign the K bros)

I bet one boxer is probably equal to a map in Halo when it comes to market value, although probably not equal in overhead. In overhead, a licensed boxer is probably much more expensive than making a new multiplayer map.

Last edited by ZB9; 08-13-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Here is a in game shot of DeLaHoya and a middleweight Toney. They have done a great job with both guys. Can't wait to see the Klitschko brothers.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...nd4/images/0/1

Last edited by Sausage; 08-13-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: incorrect shot
Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5
I would have less problems with paying $10 for the DLC if we weren't already bombarded by in-game ads. Furthermore, as other people have mentioned, Toney and Foreman are already in the game. I would rather see EA acquir.new licenses, and provide Toney and Foreman for free,

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »