Home

NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

As promised, we’re back today showing all of you the new dribble moves that you’ll see in NBA LIVE 10 this year. We really wanted to differentiate between players this year. What makes LeBron, LeBron? How about CP3? One of the ways in which we’ve captured this is in their dribbling styles. Let’s start with the new “size up” mechanic in NBA LIVE 10.

The size up is a series of dribbling moves used to breakdown a defender. How am I being guarded? Where is the opening? Answering these questions is the purpose of the size up. Once the ball handler catches the defender biting, he can then perform a go move out of the size up to take advantage of an over-zealous defender or a mismatch. Basically, the size up keeps the defender on his toes! In NBA LIVE 10, you perform these moves via the right trigger from a standstill position. Once you move the left stick (to move the character), you break out of the size up and start moving. One of the great things about this mechanic is that it can be broken out of at any time, or better yet, seamlessly linked into any quickstrike dribbling move using the right stick. There’s no waiting for the animation to play out before going into your next move. If you want to start that next move, you can. In the video below, you can see that we’ve captured authentic player specific size ups. You can really see the difference between LeBron and Kobe’s size up moves.

The size up is step 1 of the dribbling moves this year. Master it and you’ll be shaking your defender (especially a human controlled one) in no time. Just because we have size ups in our game, it doesn’t mean that everyone can do them. If you’re a big man with a weak handle, and you use the right trigger, you’ll do dribble moves, but good luck trying to keep up your dribble as it’ll most likely get stripped or you’ll lose control. This also doesn’t mean that the LeBron and Kobe size ups are money moves either. Again, this is a simple mechanic used to branch into more deceptive, calculated quickstrike moves. Do the size up for too long, and you open a window for the defender to read your next movement and strip the ball from you.

There’s also a couple of things in this video that I want to point out to you. You’ll notice right off the bat that there’s not a lot of off-ball player movement. Don’t worry, we have a TON of that this year. We just called an ISOLATION set in each clip to showcase the one on one matchups that we primarily wanted to capture. And finally, yes, that is a eurostep you see Derrick Rose doing. We’ll have A LOT more on the different ways you can finish at the basket this year in the coming weeks.

I really hope you’re enjoying these gameplay videos guys. There’s a lot of them left, so if you haven’t seen something you want to see yet, don’t worry you will.

Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA LIVE 10 Dribble Moves Video

please someone put this on youttube!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks, can't wait for Live 10.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

PS....can you capture some Baby Jesus highlights?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Cheers Marcus. The animations look so real and smooooooooth!

Last edited by stizz; 08-13-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

looks good....love the d.rose move when he avoided the defenders and did a reverse lay up
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

SWEET, just before i went to college. Will watch it now.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

Great video!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »