Home

NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Improved AI

This is a discussion on NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Improved AI within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NHL Developer Insights: NHL 2K10 Improved AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I'm hopeful, but don't have enough faith restored just yet to run out and plop the cash down without first renting quite yet.
So after all this 2K developer "talk" you're not totally pumped and this game doesn't own your soul quite yet, is what you seem to be saying. Given the past 3-4 years, I'd call that astute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
So after all this 2K developer "talk" you're not totally pumped and this game doesn't own your soul quite yet, is what you seem to be saying. Given the past 3-4 years, I'd call that astute.
Well talk is just that talk. 2k's now talking a good game, now that they've decided we're finally worthy of some actual info. I think raw footage on sim settings/higher difficulty along side the write ups would have gone a much longer way to sway me back, but I won't knock that the're finally saying something at the very least. Yeah it is astute or shrewd I suppose.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Well talk is just that talk. 2k's now talking a good game, now that they've decided we're finally worthy of some actual info. I think raw footage on sim settings/higher difficulty along side the write ups would have gone a much longer way to sway me back, but I won't knock that the're finally saying something at the very least. Yeah it is astute or shrewd I suppose.
We're never going to see higher difficulty, simulation style settings gameplay videos pre-release (especially not from IGN, GameSpot, etc). So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
We're never going to see higher difficulty, simulation style settings gameplay videos pre-release (especially not from IGN, GameSpot, etc). So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.
No I fully know that. I meant raw footage from the team themselves to go along with these Dev Insight posts. If Littman can go out of his way to do it why can't Cups or Bish or Shadow or whoever make the extra effort to do the same thing? Its not the end of the world obviously, but it would be a pretty nice gesture.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #29
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Sounds like one will be able to create different CPU sliders settings for every CPU opponent, depending on their team's style of play. I'll be interested to see if the strategy settings are available to edit for CPU teams. It's the one thing missing from video hockey, as all teams typically play exactly the same.
Doesn't one of the blogs say that teams will have different personalities? will be interesting just how noticeable it will be.

I would think you would be all over this due to all the tweaking possibilities, you may even wait a week before you edit player ratings
Old 08-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
I would think you would be all over this due to all the tweaking possibilities, you may even wait a week before you edit player ratings
That's why I posted what I did. If the game is truly allowing us to edit CPU gameplay strategy, I would consider that the biggest reason to pick it up. I haven't seen this in any of the PR material for EA's game this year. I play offline only, and I'm not sure I want to spend yet another year of playing 29 CPU teams, all of which play the exact same style of hockey.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 47

I dont get this in 2K9 you can change the cpu strats for all the lines and everyting else. What is the difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
NHL 2K11 Producer

OVR: 5
Not only can you edit each teams' strategies, but you can edit each lines' strats for all NHL teams and created teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »