Home

OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC East

This is a discussion on OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC East within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC East

The NFC East is perhaps the best division in the NFL. Each team in the division has a realistic reason to believe they can make the playoffs and all of them could also make cases for winning the division.

But who is going to eventually win the division? That is the question which our own Richard Chavez tries to answer after the jump!

Read More - OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC East
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
jason campbells from auburn..
Old 08-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Yep, credibility gone. LOL

Actually, I'd pick it like this:

1. Philly - 10-6
2. Giants - 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 7-9

Until the Cowboys prove it, you can't pick them higher, but the difference between them, the Giants, and the Eagles will be razor thin.

Campbell isn't anywhere close to the caliber of the other three quarterbacks, so the Redskins are a non-factor. I could see Washington at 4-12, in fact.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
I read it and was like WHAT?! I'm glad someone beat me to it. haha.
I think it will be:
Eagles
Giants
Redskins
Cowboys
Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance

1. Philly - 10-6
2. Giants - 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 7-9

Until the Cowboys prove it, you can't pick them higher, but the difference between them, the Giants, and the Eagles will be razor thin.

Campbell isn't anywhere close to the caliber of the other three quarterbacks, so the Redskins are a non-factor. I could see Washington at 4-12, in fact.
4-12? That's taking it a little too far. The Skins had a top 5 defense last year without Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo. Sure they lost Shawn Springs but those two will definitely help a lot. We didn't get great pressure last year but I feel like we'll be able to with those two acquisitions. A team with a top 5 defense won't finish 4-12. They were forth in yards per game last year. And this is Jason Campbell first year of having the same offense as the previous year, going back to his years at Auburn. Sure he isn't as good as Manning, McNabb, and Romo, but he'll have a decent year this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
4-12? That's taking it a little too far. The Skins had a top 5 defense last year without Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo. Sure they lost Shawn Springs but those two will definitely help a lot. We didn't get great pressure last year but I feel like we'll be able to with those two acquisitions. A team with a top 5 defense won't finish 4-12. They were forth in yards per game last year. And this is Jason Campbell first year of having the same offense as the previous year, going back to his years at Auburn. Sure he isn't as good as Manning, McNabb, and Romo, but he'll have a decent year this year.
Which is why they play the games. What do we know?

He's got to show it though. So far, he looks like a backup and nothing more to me. That's why I though Vick would end up there.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

1. Philly - 10-6
2. Giants - 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 7-9

4-12... like last year? The year before? Actually, I can't remember your prediction of the Skins for any year but my guess is they've probably finished every year better than you expected. There's a better chance they'll be competing for a playoff spot late into the season like they usually are... with people saying how bad they are even if they make the playoffs the year before (went to the playoffs twice under Gibbs). Your 7-9 is closer to a low end prediction than 4-12, assuming no serious injuries which would screw up the prediction for any team in this division.

BTW, I wouldn't dare compare Campbell to McNabb who has too long of a resume, and will bite my tongue on Eli who has a ring... but Romo's only shown anything after being able to sit and learn for a while and then toss the ball to TO and Witten (which we'd all agree is better than Santana Moss and Cooley 8 days out of the week). I see no reason to say Campbell and Romo aren't on the same level at this point unless we're talking about a fantasy football draft.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

1. Philly - 10-6
2. Giants - 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 7-9

I'd get the Redskins up to 8-8, maybe even tied with the Cowboys, but I have that as my order-of-finish prediction as well. Campbell certainly is the fourth-best QB in the division but I don't feel he's awful, and he's not behind either Romo or Manning (depending on who you have in third) by much, IMO. (note - I admit wholly to being a homer with regard to Tony Romo, but nothing Eli Manning has ever done has jumped off the page at me. He's good, though.)

Further, the talent gap between all of these teams isn't that great, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »