Home

NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Videos within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Aside from a couple of the rebound goals, alot of them looked like the usual stuff you see from most of the teams in EASHL where they go top shelf from an angle from the side of the net which is pretty much money in 09 unfortunately. Most of the cobra's goals were of the drive wide, go top shelf corner. I could have sworn I saw a curve shot in there as well but as youtube videos tend not to be all that high a quality I very well could be mistaken. I'd imagine this is all prolly moot with the goaltender improvements in 10 but it was disappointing to see most of their goals scored in that manner.
I think all of the goals were scored from the hash marks in, I agree that's not enough variety. I'd definitely like to see more screen and deflection goals. Those are possible in 09, but it definitely didn't seem like something either team was trying to do. If you throw in a point shot of two I don't think the distribution of scoring locations was far from the real NHL stats.

My point was just that nothing there could be construed as cheese or glitching. I thought both teams played very legit hockey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #26
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 10 Blog: EASHL Championships - Purple Cobraz vs The Regulators w/ Lots of Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
if you guys feel like wasting some time, check out some of the gameplay video of past madden championships. it's dudes who think they're members of the wu tang clan matching the same cheapest team against each other running the same 2 plays at each other all game.

the eashl finals actually turned out better than i thought it was going to and i think the main reason was that there were no AI players on the ice to take advantage of. i wish the entire eashl was like that.
I wanted to up the minimum number of humans for EASHL too, but didn't win that argument. Maybe we need a poll to see what people want. I suspect the majority of responses will agree the number should be higher, the problem is that the stats show that the majority of man-games are played on two man teams.

My interpretation of this is that it is just easier to coordinate to play with just two and a lot of people either don't want to play with strangers or can't be bothered to go out and find more players. Either way I think it'd be better if they were forced to do so, the game is just so much more fun with all human players.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
I wanted to up the minimum number of humans for EASHL too, but didn't win that argument. Maybe we need a poll to see what people want.
Upping the minimum for Pro series only would have done the trick for many I think, for NHL10 that is.

Still I'd think even some sort of poll would produce an outcome where two man teams are a must, as its very easy to form a team with just a friend of yours like you said.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

cmon redshirt convince littman and the head honchos that if you build it they will come

if you had let people play eashl with 1 person this year that would have led the stats and also made the league a lot crappier. a dedicated no ai player subdivision would be awesome some time down the line.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

Won't there be 6 on 6 only games this year? I thought I heard something about that.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #30
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
a dedicated no ai player subdivision would be awesome some time down the line.
Yes, a 6v6 only EASHL division would be awesome. But I can see where that would hit a snag with disconnects/quitting. Hopefully the search engine at least does a better job of matching up teams with a similar number of players in NHL10...
Old 08-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes, a 6v6 only EASHL division would be awesome. But I can see where that would hit a snag with disconnects/quitting. Hopefully the search engine at least does a better job of matching up teams with a similar number of players in NHL10...
if they made a mode like that and people quit or disconnected, they could have a really crappy AI player take over. no having the AI take over for your jacked up dangler and have him be 10x more effective than the dweeb who left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #32
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
if they made a mode like that and people quit or disconnected, they could have a really crappy AI player take over. no having the AI take over for your jacked up dangler and have him be 10x more effective than the dweeb who left.
Our team always had fun razzing the guy who was booted when "computer [insert name]" scored later in the game. Computer Scheib, are you out there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »