Home

NHL 10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Videos (IGN) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Some IGN videos...New I think.

Good find. I believe that I read somewhere that review builds arrived at various places. IGN must have gotten theirs, so we should get a lot more media in the coming days.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryEvilAsh
Name's Ash...Hardware.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

And Thanks.
Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Good find. I believe that I read somewhere that review builds arrived at various places. IGN must have gotten theirs, so we should get a lot more media in the coming days.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Looks good. Some general things I noticed.

With the empty netter goal, any goalie, would dive and throw out their stick, not do a split.

Post-Whistle stuff looks pretty bad, I wish their would be scrums, not just 1 guy hitting another guy and slashing him.

The goalie stayed on top of the puck during the Post-Whistle.

The intro look awfully familiar. =P.

I'm not..in anyway bashing the game, I'm actually dying to get it, I just wanted to point out a few stuff that I noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
Looks good. Some general things I noticed.

With the empty netter goal, any goalie, would dive and throw out their stick, not do a split.

Post-Whistle stuff looks pretty bad, I wish their would be scrums, not just 1 guy hitting another guy and slashing him.

The goalie stayed on top of the puck during the Post-Whistle.

The intro look awfully familiar. =P.

I'm not..in anyway bashing the game, I'm actually dying to get it, I just wanted to point out a few stuff that I noticed.
Yeah...when I do the post whistle stuff, I'll be using the face washing option...its a lot more realistic looking.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

What I like most from those videos is the passing. While it's less accurate and slower, it's the fact that players have to go through a more complete motion with their stick to load up certain types of passes instead of having the puck just jump off their stick when they pass.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Yeah...when I do the post whistle stuff, I'll be using the face washing option...its a lot more realistic looking.
Yea, I found, what I think, is the second flaw in NHL 10, IMO.

That's the post-whistle stuff.

Like, come on, that 1 vs 1 stuff looks too tacky, I think it should start out between 2 people and then everyone get's involved. Then you can have guys break out of it and they fight..
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Agreed with everyone on some of the "suspect" things in those videos. Some points:

1. We can only hope on the lame empty net goal that was in extreme rookie casual "******* goalie" mode.

2. The post whistle stuff looks a bit slly right now. Especially after the offsides call. I wish they considered with post-whistle scrums that they usually happen when a. an opposing player gets close to a goalie after a save or shoots the puck at them b. usually after a faceoff late in the game if a team is gonna lose or c. if the two players have some history.

My biggest worry is that the post-whistle thing is gonna make online games take FOREVER. Especially on 6 vs. 6 games. That might be a good reason to limit the number of fights online.

3. If the gameplay is solid and they have made strides on the AI and "feel" of a game and the playoffs, I can give them a pass on the intros and presentation. Leave it for another year if thats the case. I just hope they haven't pulled a Madden and tried to dazzle everyone with the BAGM and new BAP features and negelected big parts of the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Love the graphics. Intros are OK. They could learn a lot from NHL 2K10 in that dept. Not bad, just nothing nothing jaw dropping in the intros.

I love the fighting. The whole lead up and dropping the gloves and the tapping of the sticks by the teammates. The view looks nice and I like how the winner was on top and just threw his hand at his opponent when it was over like "please". Very well done IMHO.

I said the intros are blah, but the in game atmosphere looks and sounds very good. Loved the crowd after a score and seeing the fans jump up. Of course you can't go wrong with the play by play, I would say it's been the best for a few years now. There is a lot to like about this game it seems. I might have to change my budget once again.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-19-2009 at 07:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »