Home

NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Combine trailer is up

@ backbreaker

Yes it is 5 dollars.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

The defense on that forced lay up at the end was awesome! In 2k9 that's 2 pts.

2K is still the animation king. Can't wait to see some quick responsive animations in the full game.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
I agree with 2k looking wayyyy more fluid and natural compared to Live. It's almost like Night and Day. The 2k animations in this trailer are so much less of a eye sore than what I saw in that live 5 vs 5 video.
I'm still going to give Live a chance to show what it's got but 2k looks like it's going to still be on top.
Of course it's more fluid... it's 2K who has piled animations on top of animations for the last 4 years, it's a pre-made and rendered trailer showing the things they want you to see... the Live video was some German dudes playing like morons on the lowest difficulty setting. Not a fair comparison in the least. Until amateur GamesCom videos leak for 2K10, that comparison is apples to oranges.

Anyway, looks good, same smooth animations as last year. Can't tell anything about user control until I play the game though... videos always look nice for 2K games, but that doesn't mean the game plays nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

way to downplay stumble lol...last hope is the chaseb hands on article for something new
Old 08-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
I agree with 2k looking wayyyy more fluid and natural compared to Live. It's almost like Night and Day. The 2k animations in this trailer are so much less of a eye sore than what I saw in that live 5 vs 5 video.
I'm still going to give Live a chance to show what it's got but 2k looks like it's going to still be on top.
Yeah, I will still try Live also, but if I see the same things in the next few vids released, I wont even play the demo. In the 5 on 5 vid nothing looked realistic about the movements at all, not 1 posession had anything that made me say it looked realistic, not a knock on Live cause they have a lot of good things, but without the animations I will not play it at all.

I realized 2k did not have much to do to make a historic B Ball game, if they get defense right, implement the 82 games right, and make physics matter more, I think the gap will actually be bigger this year than last year. Live got close because of the CPU play, that is it, without that advantage I dont think it can compete.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Of course it's more fluid... it's 2K who has piled animations on top of animations for the last 4 years, it's a pre-made and rendered trailer showing the things they want you to see... the Live video was some German dudes playing like morons on the lowest difficulty setting. Not a fair comparison in the least. Until amateur GamesCom videos leak for 2K10, that comparison is apples to oranges.

Anyway, looks good, same smooth animations as last year. Can't tell anything about user control until I play the game though... videos always look nice for 2K games, but that doesn't mean the game plays nice.
Well compared to the premade Live videos showing us the things they wanted us to see like hustling, dribbling, rebounding, etc. I have to say that 2k still kills in the animation department as it still looks more fluid and life-like imo. Live's animations are still light years ahead of 09's though and they hold their own against the comp this year.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 08-21-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Again, of course it does. They've been on the same basic engine (yep, there's that word again) since 2K6 and they've done nothing but pile animations on top of animations. They're gorgeous, but 2K9 had gorgeous animations and handled like a shopping cart, so smooth animations aren't as important to me as what's under the hood.

Anyway, not another vs. thread, so I'll shut up now. Not like this video even had any new information in it anyway... I'll wait until we see the real game or at least get something other than a developer-made trailer to compare the two. Playing the combine next week will probably do a lot to set my mind at ease about the controls, but right now it's looking like another glossy beautiful coat of paint by 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed

Due to your comment, this is a major downplay, lol. The people who is playing the game has nothing to do with how the animations look, if players dont look real simply dribbling the ball past a defender that is part of the game engine, not the user. Nothing in those Live vids moved realistic, not 1 thing, and if you did see something point it out to me cause I dont like to be wrong, lol. I love the in place dribbles in Live however, that looks great and 2k needs something like that insted of pressing a button and it being automatic, but other than that as far as movement Live aint on the level of 2k6 to me, sorry if im sounding to critical, but im just keeping it real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »