Home

NHL 2K10 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Screenshots within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I'm amazed at how they can butcher their cover athlete so bad.
Huh, whadda ya mean?? He looks exactly like Kurt Suzuki does in real life!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Huh, whadda ya mean?? He looks exactly like Kurt Suzuki does in real life!
lmao, it's amazing how truly awful Ovechkin looked in that teaser trailer. Might have been the worst trailer I've ever seen in my life, for any video game.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Now that's what arena's should look like. It's going to a joy playing on the road this year. So many things to see and hear. I hear EA NHL 10 still has generic arena's. If that's true they should be ashamed. What is this year 19? of the EA series and still no true arena's or atmosphere. Another reason why that game is only a rental for me year after year. NHL 2K10 is going to be a fun and exciting game. It's pretty obvious how much VC has upgraded their product this year.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 08-22-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I hear EA NHL 10 still has generic arena's. If that's true they should be ashamed.
"Ashamed" isn't the word I'd use. "Rolling in the dough from all the development money they saved by not upgrading the game's presentation in the slightest in four years" is how I'd put it. Okay, make that "words" I'd use.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
"Ashamed" isn't the word I'd use. "Rolling in the dough from all the development money they saved by not upgrading the game's presentation in the slightest in four years" is how I'd put it. Okay, make that "words" I'd use.
LOL, I guess what's shameful are the fans who support them without demanding changes to an important part of the game. Remember "if it's in the game, it's in the game". I guess they are smart for not doing it if it saves them money, but without that they will never get fans like me who like the presentation side and little things of sports to like their game.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
LOL, I guess what's shameful are the fans who support them without demanding changes to an important part of the game.
They've been making strides to improve the gameplay each year, and that's enough for most people. And while I understand that thinking, I don't agree with it. I tend to agree with you here. So far I don't see enough improvement and change in their game to justify purchasing it again this year.

That said, 2K needs to make a Grand Canyon-type leap in improvement compared to EA's series. 2K's arenas look terrific, which IMO was a waste of development resouces. Their arenas were already better than EA's by quite a bit. I see an improvement in animations, player faces and skaters' player models, although they're still inferior to EA's game. But I see little improvement in the goalie player models with their clunky, over-sized goal masks. At least EA's generic arenas are fine to look at. The goalies in 2K hockey on the other hand are an immediate and constant visual eyesore that absolutely should have be fixed.

Last edited by baa7; 08-22-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 47

For you it may be more important to fix gameplay Baa, but for me presentation is just as important. So I am happy that 2k10 is making a game for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Actually, it probably isn't as cut and dry as that, is it? From Redshirt_EA:

"The size of the presentation and gameplay "teams" is still a resource allocation decision. We can't have our cake and eat it too.

There were presentation improvements (e.g. crowds, to mention an obvious one), they are just in proportion to the investment we made there."

I am sure the NHL2K team faces similar budget restraints, it is possible that they chose to concentrate on arenas over everything else. I'd guess that this is a possibility considering that their stick models have not changed since NHL2K3.

Here, I will even give you a side by side...

We could sit around a nitpick all day...complaining is a great way to evoke reaction and get attention OR we could make the best of what we have. I understand that it is your right to express your opinion and I think it is great that you so freely do so. In that same vein, your comment was not opinion inasmuch as it is slander. Could you provide the message board with the financial statement from EA Sports NHL franchise? I'd be interested to examine the profit margins, considering they are rolling in the dough, due to the fact that they haven't "upgraded the games' presentation and arenas in four years." Madden 09 sold 2.38 million copies for the XBOX 360 in the US last year...NHL 09 sold 0.52 million copies on the XBOX 360 in the US last year. Here is my source. The fact remains that no game will ever be perfect and we are lucky to have two manufacturers making hockey games, something that NFL and MLB fans cannot experience. And if we conclude that budget is determined by sales, we could hypothesize that Madden's budget is roughly five times as large as the NHL budget. Considering the product that the EA Sports NHL team puts out at 1/5th the budget, I'd say we are extremely fortunate. I'd guess that the 2K team operates at a similar budget and their product is admirable as well.

Ultimately, I do not see how your comments are productive. What exactly are you trying to convey? That big companies like EA Sports do not give a crap about their customer and are only focused on the bottom line? If so, let me congratulate you for stumbling upon this epiphany!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »