Home

NHL 2K10 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Screenshots within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Gee... I can't wait until the next set of photos and a new review so that we can have the same discussions over and over again. Riveting.
Ha-ha! You must be new to OS, welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 47

I guess Football, Eddie and me are the only ones that think this game is fun and will rock. I am pumped to play the demo, but in about 3 weeks the game comes out, so I guess I can wait. I think the player models look fine Baa, but I agree about the shoulders. But the player faces actually look better than EA's this year. I hoping they fix the herky jerky in replays and I will be good to go.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes we are. I could care less about EA's sales numbers. Their game doesn't appeal to me and that is all that matters. EA has a cult following and that's what I attest a lot of their games popularity to. How on earth EA NHL won 12 awards last year is mind boggling considering it just added a few things to NHL10 that 2K9 had already. It looks like 2k has stepped up in all areas of their game (at least from the vids) and EA has yet to do the one thing that draws me to a game and that would be to upgrade their horrendous presentation. Sales numbers? blah blah blah. Doesn't mean a thing to someone who doesn't like their product.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Yes we are. I could care less about EA's sales numbers. Their game doesn't appeal to me and that is all that matters. EA has a cult following and that's what I attest a lot of their games popularity to. How on earth EA NHL won 12 awards last year is mind boggling considering it just added a few things to NHL10 that 2K9 had already. It looks like 2k has stepped up in all areas of their game (at least from the vids) and EA has yet to do the one thing that draws me to a game and that would be to upgrade their horrendous presentation. Sales numbers? blah blah blah. Doesn't mean a thing to someone who doesn't like their product.
The 12 awards thing is purely PR. I also think that it is a combined 12 awards from 08 and 09 plus I'm willing to bet that there are some wonky websites that gave them awards, but in this instance EA doesn't care because it is a great PR line.

And regarding sales numbers, I was not trying to make a case that because EA has better sales numbers they have a better game. I was trying to demonstrate to Baa that, from a fiscal standpoint, given limited funds to allocate each year, EA's decision to invest more heavily in gameplay has paid off, due to their overwhelmingly positive sales numbers compared to 2K, who according to some, has a better presentation.

I am happy that the 2K game appeals to you and hope you get enough enjoyment from it to justify your purchase. The reason I posted a couple of times in this topic is because I took issue with careless comments that displayed nothing but unabashed vitriol for seemingly no other reason but to hate. I am no loyalist by any means. I will give the 2K game a chance, like I do every year, when the demo comes out. Additionally, I do not think I am defending a particular company. I think I am making certain individuals aware of careless statements they make, in order to promote fair, intellectual discussion on a hobby we all enjoy.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I guess Football, Eddie and me are the only ones that think this game is fun and will rock.
Actually Scott, after your last post I went back and took a long look at the IGN videos of 2K10. I can see what you mean when you say it looks better than NHL 10. The game in motion looks grounded, and players have weight and momentum.

EA's NHL series has always looked to me as if players are floating rather than skating. And the complete lack of player momentum is that game's biggest downfall IMO -- the way in which the CPU can stop and turn on a dime makes offline games more annoying than fun.

As for the 2K screens, I still think the player models aren't right, but I do agree they look much better than last year, and faces do as well.

Last edited by baa7; 08-22-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I guess Football, Eddie and me are the only ones that think this game is fun and will rock.
Well then, their sales numbers just tripled from the projection I posted in the other thread (of 84 preview/review/screenshot/replay threads).
Old 08-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Nope have you played the demo NHL10? I still love the way this game is looking. I want to see this in action.
Yes.. having a blast too. Hopefully 2k's demo is coming very soon...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #32
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Now that's what arena's should look like. It's going to a joy playing on the road this year. So many things to see and hear. I hear EA NHL 10 still has generic arena's. If that's true they should be ashamed. What is this year 19? of the EA series and still no true arena's or atmosphere. Another reason why that game is only a rental for me year after year. NHL 2K10 is going to be a fun and exciting game. It's pretty obvious how much VC has upgraded their product this year.
Ashamed.. lol... uh.. ok...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »