Home

NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers

We have just posted a video from our beta copy of NHL 10. This shows off the broadcast view in the game between the Caps @ Flyers.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Go Rangers!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted a video from our beta copy of NHL 10. This shows off the broadcast view in the game between the Caps @ Flyers.

Steve, Who's controlling the flyers??? They were dominating!!!!!! LOL... Thanks for the video. Looks good to me.. I love the High Stick Animation penalty.. After a goal at the home ice it sounds great. So far so good.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Don't know what to say except it looks and sounds like the previous two versions of the game. Player spacing looks better. What I mostly got from that vid is the need for new, upgraded animations. It just all looks generically the same. There's nothing unique and interesting happening, animation-wise. How about players having to twist their body to squeeze by a defender? Or removing one hand from the stick in order to push off another player? Or getting their stick knocked out of their hand and needing to pick it up off the ice?
That goalie puck-coverup animation in particular is really looking old and stale. The goalies stay hunched over on their knees for several seconds after the whistle, which looks silly to say the least. And around the 1:50 mark, Theodore makes a glove grab, then immediately drops into that same on-his-knees animation/stance. They need a animation where the goalie swings his glove around and pins the puck to his chest and simply stands his ground, looking cocky like he's thinking: "Couldn't get that one by me boys!" Falling to his knees like that each time looks desperate and reads more like, "Thank the gods and the ghost of Jacques Plante, I actually saved that sucker, whew!!"

Or maybe I'm reading this all wrong and they're looking for lost contact lenses?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
Steve, is it possible to zoom in? 2k does a good job in allowing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Video looks great - other than the missing Flyers goal horn (sigh) and XL name tags. I appreciate them reworking the super bold font on the back of the Flyers jerseys from 09, but I can't help but feel like I preferred last year's version of the orange jerseys. Looks like I might be wearing black more often this year than I would like.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
\ And around the 1:50 mark, Theodore makes a glove grab, then immediately drops into that same on-his-knees animation/stance. They need a animation where the goalie swings his glove around and pins the puck to his chest and simply stands his ground, looking cocky like he's thinking: "Couldn't get that one by me boys!" Falling to his knees like that each time looks desperate and reads more like, "Thank the gods and the ghost of Jacques Plante, I actually saved that sucker, whew!!"

Or maybe I'm reading this all wrong and they're looking for lost contact lenses?
Well, we are talking about Jose Theodore here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually thinking the latter.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't like the look of this game from the broadcast camera angle. It doesn't look like a broadcast to me. I think this game looks better from the Ice cam. As Baa has stated this game is looking a little stale. I expect it to be great fun though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »