Home

NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 10 Video: Broadcast View Gameplay - Caps @ Flyers

borrrrrrring. give us the game! how about new announcers already?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Thanks for the clip. If you plan on doing more, could we get some footage on hardcore settings? From the looks of that, I'm guessing it was on normal or maybe even default.

Also did anyone else notice something odd regarding uniforms? Here's a clue:

Maybe Caps fans shouldn't have done all that crying for blue helmets. Careful what you wish for...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15
Gameplay is better than last year no doubt, but the goalie rebounds are still meh, it seems the puck is floating in the air, like in slo-mo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #12
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Thanks for the clip. If you plan on doing more, could we get some footage on hardcore settings? From the looks of that, I'm guessing it was on normal or maybe even default.

Also did anyone else notice something odd regarding uniforms? Here's a clue:

Maybe Caps fans shouldn't have done all that crying for blue helmets. Careful what you wish for...
If that is in the final build then that will be a game killer for me... I only play as the Caps (online and offline) and could not stand to see an incorrect uniform every game I play.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Thanks for the video, Steve. I'm a huge broadcast cam guy and really appreciate your getting this up.

With that said, I'm not very impressed...it looks just like last year's broadcast/side view. I really wish EA would make their broadcast cam more like what we see on TV. Add some zoom and some new animations.

I'll wait to see what 2k's broadcast view looks like this year before picking up either title. I'm tired of the stale "over the top" camera angle and really need one of these companies to step it up with an immersive broadcast cam.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Man those name patches on the back of the Flyers uni's look terrible. Watch Danny B's patch after he scores the goal. It stretches like rubber. Still seems too easy to get into the offensive zone, no need to dump in. Other than that board play is amazing and crowd is sweet!

Joey Needs a Nap!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Not sure how I feel about this. The Flyers had incredible tape to tape passes and there were a few times I saw some forwards in the slot with the puck that passed back to the point. That was a little weird for me. Also, a few times I had to make sure it was 5 on 5. The Flyers looked like they were on the powerplay. I'm sure its still early, I'm just hoping that 10 doesn't turn into "09 with board play".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 24

EA is so incompetent when it comes to the Caps' uniforms and roster.

First line of Steckel-Backstrom-Ovechkin, LMAO

And as mentioned, blue helmets for Caps' away. WTF EA? This is almost a gamekiller for me. Goddamnit. If that is the final build then I am FURIOUS. WHY DOES EA BREAK THINGS THAT ARE FINE?

I wonder if EA Canada has ever watched a Caps game. How in the world do they do this?

Redshirt, anyone from EA, please respond. If this is not fixable then your art director deserves to be fired and I have my doubts that anyone there watches hockey.

Absolutely unacceptable in the 2009 that we can't even get an NHL team's jerseys/helmets right AFTER HAVING THEM RIGHT IN NHL09. Unacceptable. This is Madden and NCAA level incompetence.

Last edited by tyler289; 08-25-2009 at 12:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »