Home

NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 10: What's Hot and What's Not

Yeah we haven't heard enough about the new GM mode imo, I think it will turn out well though based on what we have seen. This will be the first year that I am going to try to play a simulation style of hockey. I've always played the NHL games but never felt that Franchise mode or even the gameplay were realistic enough to play that style, I think NHL 10 will be a good game to start my simulation experience with based off the demo.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Im really concerned that another season will go by and we will still not be able to play RANDOM matchups in our franchise and be limited to only playing our own teams games

I much prefer the Madden, NBA 2K, NHL 2K style of open franchise mode that allows a player to have a more bird's eye (god-like) control of the franchise so that he/she can also enjoy playing random games of the week matchups and Stanley Cup Playoff matchups when they want a break from their own team.

Also one of the major Franchise problems of NHL Hockey for the last several years is the way that you really felt alone in your world....There was no sense that the CPU controlled teams were all fighting for the same goal as you, to win the cup. It felt so sterile

I would hope that these 2 concerns have been addressed
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyswan
Yeah we haven't heard enough about the new GM mode imo, I think it will turn out well though based on what we have seen. This will be the first year that I am going to try to play a simulation style of hockey. I've always played the NHL games but never felt that Franchise mode or even the gameplay were realistic enough to play that style, I think NHL 10 will be a good game to start my simulation experience with based off the demo.
Welcome to the dark side...

There is no going back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Welcome to the dark side...

There is no going back.
Lol I hope not, I always get bored after about a month when I can easily outscore the AI and than I focus on playing online.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
So are both these simply based off what we've heard so far or from actual hands on? Anyone can write one of these based off what we've heard so far, heck I did, but it really means nothing until the full games are played.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1
I just dont understand why so many people tout this game so highly.... I watched the video of the new broadcast cam and it does not look nearly as good or animate as well as 2k9s . Why do people continuosly buy these EA games? 2ks hockey game last year was the best broadcast cam representation of any hockey game ever made period. It looks and plays like REAL hockey.Too bad that not many people ever played it because of nhl09s ea hype machine.

Last edited by maxsilverhammer67; 08-26-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: edited off topic comments per warning notice
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsilverhammer67
I just dont understand why so many people tout this game so highly.... I watched the video of the new broadcast cam and it does not look nearly as good or animate as well as 2k9s . Why do people continuosly buy these EA games? Madden has been lackluster at best, since last gen, they make no baseball and when they did sega was far better, the ea basketball games are always well behind 2ks, and this hockey game is so overrated its rediculous. 2ks hockey game last year was the best broadcast cam representation of any hockey game ever made period. It looks and plays like REAL hockey.Too bad that not many people ever played it because of nhl09s ea hype machine.
Are you a producer for NHL 2K10 or somehting? Why are you posting this everywhere?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyswan
Are you a producer for NHL 2K10 or somehting? Why are you posting this everywhere?
Again, please don't indulge those attempting to stir the pot...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »