Home

NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview

"While the gameplay has improved, everything else has as well. The new and improved franchise mode gives the user much more roster freedom, including uneven trades, a new team-budget system, GM personalities and team identities. The GM personalities and team identities will make computer-controlled squads behave as they would in real life. That means Lou Lamoriello will build a defense-oriented team in New Jersey, while the GM of the Islanders, Garth Snow, will be a seller at the trade deadline. As teams improve or regress over the years, these GM identities can and will change".

Are you kidding me? This is brilliant and will go along way towards make this whole franchise a true simulation. I cannot wait to play this game. I knew VC would come through. They are showing what they can do with a full development cycle.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #18
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
Have you guys been following the Wii version at all? That is looking SICK!
I know the reputation the Wii has, but this could be the definitive sports game on the Wii.
It's supposed to have all the features of the HD consoles, but with Wii Motion+. I'm stoked for it!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
Have you guys been following the Wii version at all? That is looking SICK!
I know the reputation the Wii has, but this could be the definitive sports game on the Wii.
It's supposed to have all the features of the HD consoles, but with Wii Motion+. I'm stoked for it!
We've been forced to.

I'll admit, it's looking good for Wii. Though that's not my primary system, I am happy deep down inside that it's getting the full treatment. I never liked how Nintendo's recent consoles got no love in the sports games department. If I had just a Wii, I'd be absolutely ecstatic over what NHL 2k10 is shaping up to be. Finally a legitimate sports game on the Wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avizzv92
Completely pumped for this to come out for the Wii, I don't care if the graphics won't be as good I'm just looking for a good time hockey game... And Im finally getting one it seems

Too bad it's the same month school starts which will cut my free time considerably...

Still curious what this Wii Exclusive feature is... For those of you familiar with MK:Wii perhaps NHL 2k10 will add it's own channel where you can check out your online stats/standings/teams/players/information/ect... on the channel without needing to insert the disc. Or it could be Wii Connect24, though possible it could be Mii integration, not sure if I'd want that though.
It looks like the Wii-exclusive mode is called Mii Superskills mode.

See http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1014248p1.html
Old 08-26-2009, 02:32 AM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

As someone who can easily be described as a casual hockey fan at most, I don't generally follow these games all too closely during development. I do always give them a go when the season roles around though.

Anyway, I was disappointed in last year's, but I've always preferred the 2K brand of hockey. I'm glad to see that the outlook is positive and am looking forward to giving it a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »