Home

No Demo for NHL 2K10

This is a discussion on No Demo for NHL 2K10 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: No Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It sounds like you have to set up a day with them. Or ronnie. Maybe I missed something. If someone wants to get me in contact with them I would go for for you guys. I would even take off a day.
Tweet him.
Or send him a PM on the 2ksports.com/forums.

I guarantee he'll respond.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Tweet him.
Or send him a PM on the 2ksports.com/forums.

I guarantee he'll respond.

I will try the twitter thing. Does he come on at Hockeynet? I don't remember my password for 2k Tell you the truth I waitng to hear what you have to say about the game when you play that other guy. If it is good to go from you. Then I know I will it!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Oh yeah, now we can officially say this guy was BS'ing about the demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

That's too bad, I was looking forward to trying this out. I was actually starting to waffle on which game to pick up on the 15th, which is why I was anticipating the demo.

My personal approach for 2K10 is now going to be wait, read and see. I was burned on MLB2K8 in regards to buying a 2K game on release day. I'll wait to read feedback on the message boards and if it is positive probably rent 2K10.

I will say that this "no demo" idea is a bad one and leads me to believe the company is hiding something.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I am really looking forward to the game, but what the hell is "strategic" about not releasing a demo ?

Is the build so far behind that it would turn off gamers or

is their final product below par and they have no confidence showing it off?

hope is the former, but who knows . This marketing team really needs to get it together. 2 weeks before release and STILL no real in depth gameplay videos against the cpu.

Pathetic really.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #14
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

2k's inept marketing never ceases to amaze me.

How do they think they can attract a casual fan to the series without a playable demo? Many cities in non-hockey markets don't even have hockey games to rent...or if they do it will more than likely be EA's game due to brand recognition.

They shoot themselves in the foot year after year with this type of stuff...if sales are low again this year and the series is in jeopardy, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 47

I will say it one more time and then I will never say it again. If you make a kick *** game people will buy it. Maybe not the first day, but when they read reviews and see other potster telling about it they will be all over it. Demo are only to show of their graphics and some key animation that is it. Game play some times, but not much, especially with no sliders adjustment being avaible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Here comes a huge drop in sales. I can hear it as I type. It stings like nails on chalkboard but it's getting louder by the second.

Yes, it's true that 2K10 will sell boatloads with hardcore 2K series gamers only. But buys have turned into rents almost instantly for those who are skeptical (hint: everyone on these forums except for the few EA fanboys that detest it and the few 2K fanboys that love it no matter what).

Is 2K trying for a word-of-mouth following with this game? If the game turns out to be the most surprising sports title of the year, then fine. But if the game is 2K9 with a few extra bells and whistles or (God forbid) a MLB 2K8 worthy step back for the series...they have a lot of 'splainin' to do...

This is more fodder for EA fanboys. And guess what? It's well warranted. Unless this game turns out to be the surprise of the year, I'm convinced that this is one of the worst things that can happen to this series.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 09-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »