Home

No Demo for NHL 2K10

This is a discussion on No Demo for NHL 2K10 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Icon13 Re: No Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
2k's inept marketing never ceases to amaze me.

How do they think they can attract a casual fan to the series without a playable demo? Many cities in non-hockey markets don't even have hockey games to rent...or if they do it will more than likely be EA's game due to brand recognition.

They shoot themselves in the foot year after year with this type of stuff...if sales are low again this year and the series is in jeopardy, they have no one to blame but themselves.

randy, i absolutly agree! here in germany we don't even have hockey games to rent (only a few here and there).
i really cant believe it 2 k!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: No Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
2k's inept marketing never ceases to amaze me.

How do they think they can attract a casual fan to the series without a playable demo? Many cities in non-hockey markets don't even have hockey games to rent...or if they do it will more than likely be EA's game due to brand recognition.

They shoot themselves in the foot year after year with this type of stuff...if sales are low again this year and the series is in jeopardy, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Hard to argue anything you said.
I actually feel worse for the developers and programmers. They put in all this work and aren't given the resources to show it to the masses.

I'm more convinced than ever that 2K10 will be awesome, but because of poor marketing the series will suffer in sales and will be shutdown after this year.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm pretty pissed...

not so much about the demo, but about what 2k has become.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

i'd blame the developers more than i'd blame the marketers whether or not the developers had a fair shot with a lack of resources.

makes more marketing sense to pick up some uniformed sales rather than release a demo and have every person who's played both demos choose the other game.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #21
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm more convinced than ever that 2K10 will be awesome, but because of poor marketing the series will suffer in sales and will be shutdown after this year.
I agree Money99...I think the game will be a great improvement, but if it continues to have low sales totals this series may be on its last legs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
Pro

sharks's Arena

Re: No Demo for NHL 2K10

Just so you guys know I relayed the news that Ronnie gave me. I had no idea about any of this. Ronnie was either misinformed or he lied to me. Great community interaction Ron.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
Pro

sharks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
1) Come to our office in Novato, CA (just north of San Francisco) We are so ecstatic about this game that we will accept a visit any day of the week.
2) Check out the game at The Best Buy in New York City on 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
3) Check the game out at the NHL Store in New York City on 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. You will get a special opportunity

This is real close to me. I might do this. Oh yeah I will do this. It sounds like a lot of work to make this happen. I don't know if I am going to go through all that. But I am sure we will get some good feedback.
If you go, don't forget the tomatoes!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
i'd blame the developers more than i'd blame the marketers whether or not the developers had a fair shot with a lack of resources.

makes more marketing sense to pick up some uniformed sales rather than release a demo and have every person who's played both demos choose the other game.
I don't know tgalv. I've read before that creating demo's takes a lot of time and effort away from the main project. But it can be done if there's enough man power or resources to get it to happen.

I'm more concerned with what this could do to 2K down the road. I can't help but wonder if this is the real reason they knocked the price down. They knew a demo wouldn't be released so they figured this was the best way to get people to buy it.

I'm really going to be ticked if 2K10 ends up being a tremendous hockey game only to go the way of the do-do bird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »