Home

4th and Inches Part One

This is a discussion on 4th and Inches Part One within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 4th and Inches Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
This really gets old.

Pointing out flaws in the game is not hating on it. Everytime someone criticizes the game or points out a flaw, someone like you jumps out an says "Why are you hating on the game?"

The game has issues...alot of them. And just because certain flaws arent gamekillers to you doesnt mean they arent gamekillers to others.

I agree with you that it is the best next gen game, but that really doesnt say anything. I also agree with they guy above who said the game is drastically overrated. When I first bought the game, I thought it was great. Since that first week, I havent even touched it. Once the patches and roster updates get posted, Ill try it again, but overall the game is still pretty mediocre in comparison to other sports titles.
Ok, I probably shouldn't have said everyone but I'm talking about the guys that are saying "Madden sucks this year", "This is the worst Madden" and all of that garbage. Or the guy a few posts above that says "This is more like 4th and Forever".

The issues like the ones Rbk pointed out, sim stats and a few others can almost all be patched and probably will be. I just think people are overreacting when they think this game is a piece of ****.

Quote:
BTW.. this is the 5th next-gen Madden
Yeah but the first with Ian, Donny, and Josh in the positions they're in now.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 09-03-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #10
Rookie

Coach Gordon's Arena

OVR: 1
This game still lacks realistic human physics. You can change directions as if you are playing Tecmo Bowl (a game I loved) an arcade football game. It seems like you are playing with a D-pad and not an anolog stick (only 2 angles, 90 degrees and 45 degrees). The camera does not zoom into the ball on pass plays making it difficult to take full control of your WR or DB to know how to approach a ball confidently ( you end up watching the game rather than playing it). Stiff arm being controled by one button totally dumbs down decisive control. Pretty graphics with non sim control. Physics engine must be revamped to satisfy sim heads that played real football. Even Madden 03 had player momentum. All-Pro 2K8 has best physics engine on next gen systems thus far. It must be too technical for EA to emulate this engine just like the sliding in EA b-ball games can't match NBA 2k9. Madden deserves scrutiny if they want to monopolize the NFL market. They created there own pressure.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Yeah, they need to go back to the way it was last gen in terms of changing directions/running animations.

FIFA 09 suffered from this same problem (the 90 degree running). Even my 10 year old cousin pointed it out saying "This game(Madden 10) is pretty realistic but when they turn it doesn't look realistic at all.".

The player movement and momentum is alot better than NCAA though.

BTW, I don't know if I read your post wrong but NBA Live is the game that has pretty much no sliding while 2K has alot of sliding.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

totally agree that apf 2k8 has a fabulous physics engine. players have just never moved as realistically in ea games as they do in 2k games. having said that, im still finally enjoying a madden game. there are just a few areas where they should take a page out of the 2k playbook.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Yeah I would love for them to take their WR/DB interaction, sideline catches and challenge system.

Another thing I notice too is that is seems like in Madden there's just some routes you can't throw to like out routes but in APF you can throw pretty much any route. I think it has something to do with the timing of the QB dropback and the plays themself. I think in Madden the QB dropback is too fast which is why routes like that square route are so hard to throw because your QB is done his dropback well before the WR breaks on the route.

If Madden could switch that up for 2011 that would be awesome since I doubt it's something they can fix with 10.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Yea man Fair Play is something they should bring back!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Re: end of half/game rules, you probably should have consulted an NFL rulebook or any of the various threads in this forum on the subject before you posted that article. You kinda sound like you don't know what you're talking about now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
Re: end of half/game rules, you probably should have consulted an NFL rulebook or any of the various threads in this forum on the subject before you posted that article. You kinda sound like you don't know what you're talking about now.
agreeded, a run off of ten seconds will occur for a penalty at the half or at the end of the game and the play will not be replayed for a holding call if it is committed by the team that is losing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »