Home

Madden 10: Six Franchise Strategies for Success

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Six Franchise Strategies for Success within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 10: Six Franchise Strategies for Success

I'm strictly an offline franchise guy and I hate to say it but, Franchise Mode is the worst part about Madden 10. They didn't improve it at all. They just made it worse.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striefer
I have a couple questions.
1) If i trade a player with a signing bonus for a draft pick, do i still have to pay the player the signing bonus for the remainder years? Does that show up in the salary cap penalty?

2) When the option is given to clear your cap penalty, how does that work?
in regards to 1, you take the cap penalty for the remaining years of the bonus, but technically the entire bonus is paid upfront on the day you sign the player, you just split the cap hit of the bonus over the life of the contract. So if you sign someone to a 5 year 30 million dollar deal with a $10 million bonus, he gets the 10 million the day he signs his contract, but the cap hit is split up into $2 million per year
Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
I'm strictly an offline franchise guy and I hate to say it but, Franchise Mode is the worst part about Madden 10. They didn't improve it at all. They just made it worse.
roger that, I cant believe they actually removed stuff (no projected draft board?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Rookie

Franchise mode is garbage this year
Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
How? Taking away the draft pick history is like one of the only things they took out of franchise this year (at least the only things I've noticed)
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
How? Taking away the draft pick history is like one of the only things they took out of franchise this year (at least the only things I've noticed)
And what did they add that is so great?

They say they "tuned the logic", yet its still awful.

Still freezes. Maybe not as much as last year, but it does.

Nothing new added. IR still doesnt work. No point in preseason.

I think we may have to accept the fact that franchise mode on next gen will always be terrible.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Good article. So very important as the Panthers who have huge salaries tied to players (Delhomme costs a bundle, Peppers is on a one-year deal which is huge, Jarrett is awful and has a monster contract...) and I found out the hard way what it's like to make a couple roster moves and find yourself ~$4 million over the cap due to penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5
I chose the Pats in one of my online franchises. Mainly cause my favorite team, Packers were already taken alonf with all the other good teams. Soi I was left with the option of, the Rams, Pats, and Buccs. That's a pretty easy decison for even the most hardened Patriots *****. Well anyways these are the moves that I think helped me out a lot for the now and future.

1. Traded Tom Brady, and Wes Welker to the Lions for, Matt Stafford, Calvin Johnson, and Ernie Simms.

2. Traded Jarod Mayo to the Giants for Brandon Jacobs.

3. Traded Ty Warren (back up DE since I'm playing Burgess at DE) and Joey Galloway to the Bengals for Kieth Rivers and Chris Henry.

4. traded Taylor to CIN for Michael Johnson (DE), 6'-7" 86 speed :-)
I got a high upside QB to buld my offense around, a beast at WR in CJ to combine with another freak in Moss. Also recieved an unstoppable force in Jacobs, while only sacraficing Mayo, My DL consists of Michael Johnson, Burgess, Seymore, and Wilfork. LB = Rivers, Simms, and a high upside rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »