Home

NHL 2K10 Online Team Up Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Online Team Up Videos (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
NHL 2K10 Online Team Up Videos (IGN)

IGN has posted four videos of NHL 2K10.
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Online Team-up Vids(IGN)

Not too bad. Certainly better gameplay settings than the "other vids". Other than that, not too much to comment on. Bish scored a rather nice breakaway I must say.

Thanks for the linkage.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

This game is simply gorgeous.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

-Looks like you can switch camera angles on the fly this year without having to go into the pause menu! Now, for the million-dollar question: will your custom angle finally save to your profile instead of resetting every time you load the game up? Hmmm....

-The game seems to move at a more deliberate pace this year which is very apparent from this footage (not sure why I didn't really take notice of it in the 2KH footage). Nothing seems overly spastic anymore in the speed department.

-Pass accuracy slider. Hope it works. That is all.

-Goal celebrations seem unchanged...why? We still see individual players celebrating on their own little island in the middle of the rink instead of going directly to their teammates and congratulating them. This isn't golf, it's hockey, a team sport.

-Unless the player buttoned through stoppages, it looks like no stoppage replays or special cutscenes were added this year. Disappointing that they couldn't augment their already-solid presentation, but we'll see for sure once the final version comes out.

-I don't care what 2K says on the matter: Commentary is virtually unchanged. I don't see any improvement from last year whatsoever. Overhaul time?

-Crowd noise is a lot better this year. Lots of incidental noise from individual fans which wasn't in the game last year. 2K9 just had way too much of the "big pop" and not a lot of subtlety in the audio area. Looks like it's been revamped this year.

-Heard MGMT's "Time To Pretend" during a stoppage. Ironically, I was listening to the song earlier today on the way to work and thought of how it could work as video game menu music. I guess 2K read my mind.

-Great breakaway goal by Bish in the second Pens/Caps video. Good reaction by the crowd and amazing goal horn audio.

-Up close, the graphics look better than they have ever looked before in the series. A job well done in that department, especially on the player faces. Leaps and bounds better than the atrocious 2K9 models and faces.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
-Looks like you can switch camera angles on the fly this year without having to go into the pause menu! Now, for the million-dollar question: will your custom angle finally save to your profile instead of resetting every time you load the game up? Hmmm....

-The game seems to move at a more deliberate pace this year which is very apparent from this footage (not sure why I didn't really take notice of it in the 2KH footage). Nothing seems overly spastic anymore in the speed department.

-Goal celebrations seem unchanged...why? We still see individual players celebrating on their own little island in the middle of the rink instead of going directly to their teammates and congratulating them. This isn't golf, it's hockey, a team sport.

-Unless the player buttoned through stoppages, it looks like no stoppage replays or special cutscenes were added this year. Disappointing that they couldn't augment their already-solid presentation, but we'll see for sure once the final version comes out.

-I don't care what 2K says on the matter: Commentary is virtually unchanged. I don't see any improvement from last year whatsoever. Overhaul time?

-Crowd noise is a lot better this year. Lots of incidental noise from individual fans which wasn't in the game last year. 2K9 just had way too much of the "big pop" and not a lot of subtlety in the audio area. Looks like it's been revamped this year.

-Heard MGMT's "Time To Pretend" during a stoppage. Ironically, I was listening to the song earlier today on the way to work and thought of how it could work as video game menu music. I guess 2K read my mind.

-Great breakaway goal by Bish in the second Pens/Caps video. Good reaction by the crowd and amazing goal horn audio.

-Up close, the graphics look better than they have ever looked before in the series. A job well done in that department, especially on the player faces. Leaps and bounds better than the atrocious 2K9 models and faces.
WWTC said yes it will. But we shall see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight

I am still waiting for the 5 man hug!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Wow, this game looks incredibly arcadey.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: NHL 2K10 Online Team Up Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Wow, this game looks incredibly arcadey.
What exactly looked arcadey?

Actually, whats your definition of arcadey? i think people have different once. So just curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »