Home

NBA Live 10 Preview (1up)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Preview (1up) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Preview (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
I guess most of you would only be satisfied if he said Live 10 was the best sports game ever.
Not really.

The fact that this guy was so vague about everything he wrote doesn't say much for the preview. His gripes were that it was too easy to make clutch 3's with Fisher(Would be nice if he elaborated more on this, like what diff. was he playing on) and that players were too shiny. If any of these were meaningful complaints then I might actually cut the guy some slack, but he gets paid for this stuff--the least he could do is put a little more effort into it.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Part of it is undoubtedly my poor skills at performing such maneuvers, but it seemed like the "improved A.I." for pick-and-rolls and screens was anything but improved.
No ALL OF IT is your poor skills. In fact I dont think you have ANY basketball skills whatsoever just by looking at you.

Proof and point ^

Quote:
the players are just too shiny and have a plastic look. One observer noted that they seemed to sometimes float on the hardcourt like old-fashioned 3D sprites.
Wow is this review done by a person or robot? Seriously, this guy is running an operating system used for "sabotage".
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

haha, i like you michaeljordanjr...so blunt and to the point
Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
No ALL OF IT is your poor skills. In fact I dont think you have ANY basketball skills whatsoever just by looking at you.

Proof and point ^

Wow is this review done by a person or robot? Seriously, this guy is running an operating system used for "sabotage".
That guy looks like he don't know a damn thing about basketball. He looks like a science teacher... He was talking about how fisher was hitting too many 3's. He was playing on rookie or pro and didn't even know it
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
I guess most of you would only be satisfied if he said Live 10 was the best sports game ever.
this sounds like someone that has NBA 2k9 on pause while he was typing this.

I've bought NBA 2k the last 4 years but even i could see that the guy writing the article clearly is not a sports person, or at least basketball person. He sounds like someone that never played basketball or a basketball game in his life. He wrote a crappy article, it has nothing to do with this being a Live board and people not being happy unless everything written was good.

I think people dont have a problem with the criticism as long as its legit and the person knows what theyre talking about.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 09-10-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: changed wrong to wrote... my bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this sounds like someone that has NBA 2k9 on pause while he was typing this.

I've bought NBA 2k the last 4 years but even i could see that the guy writing the article clearly is not a sports person, or at least basketball person. He sounds like someone that never played basketball or a basketball game in his life. He wrong a crappy article, it has nothing to do with this being a Live board and people not being happy unless everything written was good.

I think people dont have a problem with the criticism as long as its legit and the person knows what theyre talking about.
Very well said!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #23
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Well both games go through this. The 2K forum (i've seen most names in this thread pop up over there as well) had a good discussion in a thread by Pared about the effect/weight of the previews written by people like this 1Up reviewer or the guy who wrote the 2K Draft Combine review at GamePro.

The downside of sim-gaming
Old 09-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #24
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
That guy looks like he plays Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons, Hes not qualified to to report sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »