Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Insight - "Player Tendencies"

Nice article. And that Fisher screenshot is GREAT! New face for Tony Parker?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

"I noticed that Synergy’s tendencies"

Rob, I don't want to here about Synergy. Just stick to 82 games
Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

"Another improvement to the UI that we have addressed is that when viewing a play, we now show you a ‘movie’ of the play so you can see where each player goes, as opposed to the flipbook last year."

Nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Not sure how to interpret it. Especially after hearing that 82games.com lacked some of the information that they were really after. That to me translates to an "experimentation" when it comes to a feature.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Living Rosters will update the playbook based on your team/coach, so your main squad will be up-to-date. Trades will happen that completely changes the team dynamics and with that, playbooks will need updating as well. I am sure that will be discussed in a future Living Rosters Insight.
An insight for the Living Roster...hmm i dont know why the Living Roster needs its own insight unless that Chinese interview with Kobe turns out to be true about players being updated whenever they have a new hairstyle...as per someone translation...

so uh...that iverson thread about having his rows might be possible with an update if true...

EDIT: i had to google derek fisher because i didnt think he was that cut...and i was wrong lol

Last edited by Goffs; 09-11-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Not sure how to interpret it. Especially after hearing that 82games.com lacked some of the information that they were really after. That to me translates to an "experimentation" when it comes to a feature.
I guess you missed this
Quote:
They physically tracked NBA games for us to derive the information we were looking for. The good thing is that while we built the system, they were flexible enough to accommodate changes to how the information was being delivered, in order to better recreate the players.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
EDIT: i had to google derek fisher because i didnt think he was that cut...and i was wrong lol
Dude is jacked in real life... they finally got him right when it comes to muscle build
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Pretty good. Movies of the plays are certainly a good call as the flipbook could get a little manic. 24 plays instead of 8 is very necessary. Obviously there are no dynamic playstets or else he'd have mentioned it. Dynamic plays are a must for next year's game though while having 24 plays is nice if you play someone enough they're going to figure out a few things you like to do and counter them. It'd be nice to be able to counter the counter.

As for the player tendencies this is something I'd have to play to endorse. Of course it's necessary and hopefully it'll work well, but until I see it I'm not going to drool over it. What I really want to know is if 82games.com is continuing to work within the game. If you read carefully it sounds like it was a one time partnership. They got together while the game was in development figured out the tendencies and that was the end. It seems asthough roster updates will still be up to the insider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »