Home

Need for Speed Shift Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Need for Speed Shift Available, Post Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Need for Speed Shift Available, Post Impressions Here

GET INTO THE DRIVERS SEAT WITH NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT

Award-Winning SHIFT is Heralded by Game Critics as
One of the Best Need for Speed Games Ever

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 15, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Need for Speed™ SHIFT hits retail stores today in North America and across Europe on September 17. Receiving high marks from the top videogame media including a nine out of 10 from IGN PlayStation: The Official Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine. Need for Speed SHIFT delivers a true driver’s experience with a stunning cockpit view, deep career mode and amazing car roster.

Need for Speed SHIFT redefines the racing genre with the combination of real world physics with perception based G-forces. The game includes a brutal first person crash dynamic to create an immersive cockpit view. When combined with the all-new driver profile, which gives each player a unique persona based on their driving skill and style, Need for Speed SHIFT is the most realistic and intensive authentic racing game ever.

“Without a doubt, Need for Speed SHIFT is the first racing game that accurately delivers the physical and emotional sensation of being behind the wheel of a race car,” said Patrick Soderlund, Senior Vice President of EA Games Europe. “I’m confident this game not only reinvigorates the entire Need for Speed franchise but it actually changes the way people will view and appreciate racing games.”

Need for Speed SHIFT is available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PC, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and iPhone. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com or follow us on Twitter at NeedforSpeed.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Need for Speed Shift Available, Post Impressions Here

First off, game is INCREDIBLE.

Cockpit view is simply unrivaled. Sorry Forza, saw your videos, they don't even touch this. Graphics are sick. Gameplay is awesome. Not many racing games have me wanting to keep re-doing a track like this one does.

Simply so many touches, like racing a car, same track, different car, but using one with a sunroof. Getting a nice glare in the cockpit as you drive. Stuff like that just brings the experience even more full force.

Has a very good story mode, not too much in your face, just race here race there.

This is possibly the best racing game released on the 360/PS3 to date. No way Forza 3 tops this IMO.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12
the game looks superb...i didnt buy it because im trying to figure out which game too buy (NFS Shift or Forza 3 or GT5)...i was wondering will there be a demo for shift
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
I want this game just for the first person gameplay experience. Seems "wicked" as a girl I used to date from the Boston area used to say. Lol. I'm kinda torn between this and NHL 10...and Batman AA, since I'm late to THAT party. Too many games I want plus the new b-ball games are just around the corner....and Unchartered 2 then Assassin Creed 2 then...Modern Warfare 2(not quite sold on that one, yet). I could be missing some games here. Eh, decisions-decisions.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPESQUAD V3NOM
the game looks superb...i didnt buy it because im trying to figure out which game too buy (NFS Shift or Forza 3 or GT5)...i was wondering will there be a demo for shift
GT5 for me. I would pick NFS Shift over Forza though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This game is a lot of fun, glad I picked it up. It's kind of cool how you're rewarded for both precision and aggression, but you can't race like a fool either. The cockpit view is amazing, the game looks great, and overall it seems very solid. I'm glad NFS has changed their formula because that series has been pure butt for the past several installments.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Anyone playing with a wheel? How well does it work?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6
yeah, i might be picking this up tomorrow @ Best Buy w that deal they have on the wheel. wanted to know if its worth it

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »