Home

NBA Live 10 Dynamic Season Hands-On (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Dynamic Season Hands-On (Gamespot) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Dynamic Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
This mode alone may have officially sold me on this game. Sounds awesome!
Me too. I was really considering 2k, thought I'd give the demo a shot and then who knows..but now, i'm sold.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 12

This mode is gonna be too nice...can't wait to take my heat to the championship.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Very nice.....I always wanted to be able to play my own season with my team but have all the other results mirror the real NBA season. Very nice !

One question....when the playoffs begin. LEts say in real life the Cavs (1 seed) are playing the Knicks (8th seed) does the result of this series play out whatever haapens in real life ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Very nice.....I always wanted to be able to play my own season with my team but have all the other results mirror the real NBA season. Very nice !

One question....when the playoffs begin. LEts say in real life the Cavs (1 seed) are playing the Knicks (8th seed) does the result of this series play out whatever haapens in real life ???
Unless I read the answer wrong, it seems like this is a no. The Playoffs are played at your own leisure, which would imply to me that results are not affected by the real NBA Calendar.

Though, you can play the playoff games and still have Dynamic DNA, but it would only be in exhibition.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I like it alot. im usually one to just play exhibition games. so to play essentially exhibition games with a PURPOSE is GREAT to have.

on the other hand, I love the thought of true progression as you play games. If I take a 6th man and turn him into a starter with starters numbers, he may never increase in ratings, unless that happens in real life... Its a mental block that im having now with this feature. If I take kobe and do terrible with him in the games I play as the lakers, and in real life hes doing GREAT, what reality am I looking at? You almost have to question why you play the games to begin with. Maybe franchise mode is ultimately where I need to be.

This feature goes against a bunch of logic. KOBE may get hurt in my game, and in real life hes just fine. so game 2 comes along and kobes okay since hes okay in real life? BUT I JUST SAW HIM GET HURT.. I SEE THESE GUYS doing BAD and they are improving?

i guess you throw alot of that logic out and enjoy?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

The updates keep up with real life so your kobe wont be out the next game because of the constant RL updates.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I think he means that Kobe suffered a serious injury in his played game but will be fine the next day because he's fine in real life.

The producers confirmed that players won't suffer major injuries during Dynamic Season Games.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

My question is, once you play through the 09-10 season, can you go back and play through the season again as another team? Curious if the DNA and scores, stats, etc. save to your HDD.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »