Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Craving for more....
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

I just saw one of the gameplay vids (cavs vs lakers) and I was not impressed. I have been a long-time 2k guy for years, but I have grown tired of 2k's lack of dribbling control and overall sluggish controls and animations. I have been considering switching to Live this year and this video only makes me want to switch more - 2k10 looks sluggish as ever, and the dribbling control is non-existent. I am not a Live fanboy by any means (like I said, I have been a 2k guy) - I am just calling it like I see it.

Live just looks more responsive and the controls really allow you to do what you want, when you want. I like that about Live this year.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

I liked the audio except for 2 things. First, at 7 seconds you can here that damn annoying song from the combine. Second, I can still here a slight whistling sound from the crowd thats been in past 2k games.

The movent of the players has a very 2k9ish feel to it. In some cases that is bad and some it is tolerable. At certain moments in the video I said to myself, yes I've seen that scenario before.

You notice when players get the ball, they just stand there with the ball to either side if their shoulder. This was in the combine, it looks bad and they look like statues.

The jump pass from Kobe at 43 sec looked bad.

The left handed hook by Lebron at 1:54 didn't look fluid at all.

Despite all of this, I look foward to more videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Like i said in the last thread, it's more of the same and that's just not impressive any more...
And you got that right, that jump pass by Kobe is one of the worst animations i've ever seen...
Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.
i must be on the nba live boards..
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 30
I had posted the Lakers/Cavs and Lakers Intro vids earlier and I really think 2K has lost a customer in me, this year. I love what Live 10 has done in that demo and can't get my hands on the retail version. I can't even go back to the DC, right now, and I had fun with that but I will give the 2K10 a go if and when it drops but no dough.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »