Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
the audio was a nice improvement. With that said the game and gameplay is just okay, looks like 2K9.5. They just seem to be playing it safe to me I dunno. I did notice to many long passes not being keyed on by the D, but i don't know what level this was played on.

Yeah I'm not feeling it so far with these vids.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Wasn't impressed at all, especially how the Lakers ran their offense.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #19
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.

You do realize that the two guys playing didn't use isomotion or post moves or anything....
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

I am actually a 2k guy and have played 2k exclusively until this year, but I have grown tired of many of 2k's flaws and their refusal to add control and fix their weaknesses. I have seen Live add things that 2k should've added years ago, and Live has surpassed 2k in some areas at this point (mostly dribbling control).

These 2k videos just look so stale and sluggish compared to what I've seen of Live. And this is coming from a 2k guy. I am just being honest. Overall 2k just feels very slow and sluggish to me - the animations are too slow and unresponsive. The nba is full of amazing athletes with lightning speed, but I wouldn't know it by watching 2k - they all move like they're old geezers and every just looks unresponsive.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.
You do have dribbling control in 2k and players do have their own dribbling moves right down to the crossover. The 1 on 1 game will be there. The Cavs user chose not to use the size-up or 1 on 1 moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter2455
You do realize that the two guys playing didn't use isomotion or post moves or anything....
The Lakers were computer controlled.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3
ooh im loving it...gimme some more...gimme some more....
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #24
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
The Lakers were computer controlled.

Now that the nitpickers are about... point BEING... there is isomotion, sizeup, and post moves that you didn't see and have been in the game for YEARS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »