Home

NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot)

Gamespot has posted the following NBA 2K10 updates:
  • NBA 2K10 Hands-On

Quote:
    "While the controls feel responsive, free throws are still a bit difficult to perform. Nailing the precise timing takes plenty of practice, but if your free throws really stink, you can take to the practice mode to work on them. You can also work on your game through practice matches and rehearse plays, such as pick-and-rolls and give-and-gos."

Click here if the video above is not playing when you pressed play.
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Update (Gamespot)

video can't be play
Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

did anyone else hear "the gatorade call up" ?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 41

Gatorade call-up? I'll put that with the Sprite Ice Cold Keys to the Game (as in the phrase, "Wow, these keys are ice cold") as the worst product placements 2K has ever attempted.

On the lighter side, the guy playing My Player was horrible.

Also, though it wasn't in the posted screenshots, that video showed the "Nickname" field again. So is it in the retail or not?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 32
It's funny how the hands on reviewer mentions that the product placement is over done or whatever.... Have they ever watched a sporting event on TV before? There are many in the game as well as overlays with the "brought to you by..." all over the place. 2K is not doing it for authenticity sake, they are doing it simply because it generates revenue from the different vendors that are in the game - EA is no different. It is a sound business practice IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Gatorade call-up? I'll put that with the Sprite Ice Cold Keys to the Game (as in the phrase, "Wow, these keys are ice cold") as the worst product placements 2K has ever attempted.

On the lighter side, the guy playing My Player was horrible.

Also, though it wasn't in the posted screenshots, that video showed the "Nickname" field again. So is it in the retail or not?
Your evaluation is horrible. He's showing "how you should not play the my player mode" that's why he's running around like a clown.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Grrrr just called my game shop and found out that 2k10 doesnt come out here (Gold Coast Australia) until the 9th
Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
MVP

Are these gamespot guys seriously STILL complaing about free throws? 2K has had the most straight forward and natural FT mechanic in any basketball game for how many years now? Hold down the analog and release at the right time...WHY is this difficult? It's a perfect system and I hope these ridiculous complaints don't make them change it.

These guys praise fighting games for having 20+ button combos but can't seem to time a release properly. Aren't game reviewers supposed to be "professional" gamers?

Sorry for the mini rant but I just hate how millions of people read what these tools write. I'm sick of sports games being bashed for having deep controls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »