Home

NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10: New Modes Revealed (IGN)

I'm pretty optimistic about the NBA games this year because of Dynamic Season and NBA Today. Both could be pretty awesome and give, at least, me exactly what I've always wanted in a sports game, feature-wise.

Has Live added nuances like subbing in players waiting at the scorer's table? I asked this question in the Dynamic Season thread, but a moderator took it upon him or herself to lock it.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththebuck
i dont understand why people would get nba live 10, 2k originally started the signature moves and style, and live is copying them and live 10 isn't even close to half of what 2k10 has.

i played the demo of live 10 on ps3 and i saw high improvements from live 09 which was really really terrible. however, they're not quite there yet, their "new" dribble system adds the feature to let you hold down R2 and the player does crossover size ups, which was kinda nice but it's not like kobe has his own and d wade has his own... i seen roy, paul, anthony all do the same moves as i was paying attention carefully, meaning they didnt add much effort to add a specific dribble move for each character. another thing is the they had the same left and right fake and pulling right trigger back does a back step dribble everytime making the right stick dribbling repetetive and boring. i liked the new ways of shooting thought, letting you use the euro step and a hop to the left or right before the shot was nice. but 2k offers so much dribbles even half spins and wrap arounds, to paul's signature dribbles and to crawford's dribbles but you have to know how to perform them

another annoying thing on live is the ball going through the rim...if anyone noticed it, live series had the same ball-to-rim animations, the ball either bounces off the rim and it's off, or it splashes through the rim and it's in.. unlike 2k which has realistic ball bouncing, even if it hit the top of the backboard and it could still go in, or spinning in and out then bounces on the board and goes in, this is specific important details. 2k also added RANDOM animations which was an example that a player could hit a guy mopping the floor and there would be an animation maybe a collision and the player helping him get back up. maybe shaw jumping to the crowd to dive the ball and struggling to get back up and probably the often camera man collision

commentary is a BIG deal too, live 10's commentary is about the same as the past, marv albert and steve kerr, steve kerr....steve kerr...he's not even in that business anymore.. while 2k10 added fresh new commentary which updates as the game goes on.. it shows more of the commentators relationship to each other which doesnt make the game boring and always repeating.

live 08 and 09 sucked, live 10 is way better, even with the addition of mike wang (the architect gameplay designer of nba2kseries who was cut off cus of layoffs) but i dont see how a year effort can overcome nba2k10 which is already way up there
You have one post so I'm not really going to argue with you but

If you think either NBA game is better than the other than you're extremely biased. If you are to take the persepective of a game critic then you will see both have massive flaws, neither is really getting at where NBA games will/should be in the next 10 years and for now it's just adding on blinders to distract you from what NBA games should be. And in my opinion highly physics based like the upcoming sports game "backbreaker" is where they ought to be headed.

And Mike Wang came to EA because they have more potential with their technology to create the ultimate NBA game. 2K has no where to go as evidence by the incremental upgrade from 2k9-2k10.

I hate to post off topic but I had to address you in public that you're way off.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththebuck
i dont understand why people would get nba live 10, 2k originally started the signature moves and style, and live is copying them and live 10 isn't even close to half of what 2k10 has.

i played the demo of live 10 on ps3 and i saw high improvements from live 09 which was really really terrible. however, they're not quite there yet, their "new" dribble system adds the feature to let you hold down R2 and the player does crossover size ups, which was kinda nice but it's not like kobe has his own and d wade has his own... i seen roy, paul, anthony all do the same moves as i was paying attention carefully, meaning they didnt add much effort to add a specific dribble move for each character. another thing is the they had the same left and right fake and pulling right trigger back does a back step dribble everytime making the right stick dribbling repetetive and boring. i liked the new ways of shooting thought, letting you use the euro step and a hop to the left or right before the shot was nice. but 2k offers so much dribbles even half spins and wrap arounds, to paul's signature dribbles and to crawford's dribbles but you have to know how to perform them

another annoying thing on live is the ball going through the rim...if anyone noticed it, live series had the same ball-to-rim animations, the ball either bounces off the rim and it's off, or it splashes through the rim and it's in.. unlike 2k which has realistic ball bouncing, even if it hit the top of the backboard and it could still go in, or spinning in and out then bounces on the board and goes in, this is specific important details. 2k also added RANDOM animations which was an example that a player could hit a guy mopping the floor and there would be an animation maybe a collision and the player helping him get back up. maybe shaw jumping to the crowd to dive the ball and struggling to get back up and probably the often camera man collision

commentary is a BIG deal too, live 10's commentary is about the same as the past, marv albert and steve kerr, steve kerr....steve kerr...he's not even in that business anymore.. while 2k10 added fresh new commentary which updates as the game goes on.. it shows more of the commentators relationship to each other which doesnt make the game boring and always repeating.

live 08 and 09 sucked, live 10 is way better, even with the addition of mike wang (the architect gameplay designer of nba2kseries who was cut off cus of layoffs) but i dont see how a year effort can overcome nba2k10 which is already way up there
2k10 has issues, every game has issues, but i think Live surpasses 2k this year. everyone has opinions, but just dont always revert back to the history of Live and automatically think 2k will be better. i see some glaring issues in 2k10 based on what i saw in the vids, it just looks like the last 2 versions w/ a little flare added, and i honestly think Live will be right on par, if not better than 2k10 this year. no one will know until both games come out, but don't come in and tell me 2k is better than Live without it even being released yet. i like 2k, i have played 2k basketball since the first one ever came out, but im tired of people just blindly saying that 2k is far superior this year, just from a demo, i like Live better, but thats just me.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #20
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sure a player could get hurt in a game, but it wouldn't be something where you'd know he's out for more than just that game. I don't think this will be a problem. Unless, of course, you're trying to cause a rift in the matrix and rewind to a game where a player gets hurt. lol. Seriously, though, in that case you know it would just affect that single game.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Mike Wang was layed-off from 2K. LOL
Yet they keep developers who can't spell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 38

Im in shock Im I reading this correctly ?
I can now play a Season mode that mimics the Real current NBA season playing any games I want without having to make trades , transactions ect that happen in the Real NBA season ? If yes I have waited for this FOREVER the guy Russell at MLB THe Show said it wasnt possible ?
Is It True ? Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Im in shock Im I reading this correctly ?
I can now play a Season mode that mimics the Real current NBA season playing any games I want without having to make trades , transactions ect that happen in the Real NBA season ? If yes I have waited for this FOREVER the guy Russell at MLB THe Show said it wasnt possible ?
Is It True ? Thanks
this is not even new....2k9 already had this last year lmao

and what i can say to this new live mode is that i'd rather be playing MY own created character from my player in 2k10 online with other people the same way like this, and still have the option to play the nba superstars just like this in NBA 2k10.. more options..more fun
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #24
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmjlm
this is not even new....2k9 already had this last year lmao

and what i can say to this new live mode is that i'd rather be playing MY own created character from my player in 2k10 online with other people the same way like this, and still have the option to play the nba superstars just like this in NBA 2k10.. more options..more fun
Lmao whts up with this dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »