Home

NBA Live 10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #17
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
i don't agree with the score of an 8. in fact most of the reviews that have come out are hovering around the same area. i don't really understand it, because there's so much good in this game, in my opinion, there's no question it outweighs the bad by a large margin. in fact, i'm a huge association/dynasty guy, but this game is so good, i wouldn't even care if there was no dynasty mode at all. i would be perfectly fine with online play, exhibition, and dynamic season. i've never had so fun much playing against the computer, and then taking it online for some sim opponents. i played the same guy about 5 times in a row last night, and every game was crazy. oh don't forget, dynamic season is so overlooked at the moment, it's going to be incredible when the season starts, i'm sure.

so, considering this is the best basketball game i've ever personally played, i don't understand how it could warrant an 8. to me, it's a 9.5, easy

the point - anyone looking for a true simulation style basketball game with incredible gameplay that is very rewarding, should choose live, hands down.
I am really enjoying the game...but 8 is a very fair score for a game with a very generic post game + very poor D.

I'd grade it like this:

Perimeter offense A +++
Permiter defense...C
Post offense... C
Post D...no comment.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I am really enjoying the game...but 8 is a very fair score for a game with a very generic post game + very poor D.

I'd grade it like this:

Perimeter offense A +++
Permiter defense...C
Post offense... C
Post D...no comment.
just to comment on defense and the like..
defense to me is stellar, and very rewarding. you actually have to box out. you have to perfectly time your steals, and you have to time and have great position on your blocks. defense is a 10 in my eyes.

post offense is reflective of real life post offense, meaning the new breed of big man is not a back to the basket player. yet there is enough diversity in the post to still get the job done. the inside game is also stellar, with bigs dunking when they are supposed to, nice aggressive putbacks, easily scoring over smaller players, and on and on. every big man in the game legitimately scores down low, hustle players get their points on hustle and putbacks, etc.

the game is such a simulation it's almost ridiculous how on point it is.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

And here I was think thinking this was a LIVE review thread?

Why don't you focus on seeing LIVE implement a post game + better D...that would be more constructive in this thread.

Last edited by Pared; 10-08-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Removing off-topic post.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #20
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
post offense is reflective of real life post offense, meaning the new breed of big man is not a back to the basket player. yet there is enough diversity in the post to still get the job done. the inside game is also stellar, with bigs dunking when they are supposed to, nice aggressive putbacks, easily scoring over smaller players, and on and on. every big man in the game legitimately scores down low, hustle players get their points on hustle and putbacks, etc.

the game is such a simulation it's almost ridiculous how on point it is.
I don't want to steal your thunder here bro...but I am here to tell you that, in real life, Tim Duncan and Carlos Boozer have different post moves to Brian Scarlbarine and Greg Oden. In LIVE 10, they don't.

Let's not get too carrried away here with "9.5" type claims...
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 32
A fair review... 8.0 is perfect from where it has come from.... EA is on there way back. Thanks Steve
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
And here I was think thinking this was a LIVE review thread?

Why don't you focus on seeing LIVE implement a post game + better D...that would be more constructive in this thread.
i was just addressing the previous poster "bro". the point isn't to bash 2K, it was to answer a question as to why one would think that 2K is on the downslide.
the game to me is still a 9.5. i could care less that it doesn't have duncans signature turnaround hook that he does once a game. the gameplay is still stellar and it's the best basketball game i've ever played. many others have shared this sentiment. how do we rate a game that is the best we've ever played in the genre. an 8? yet 2k.5 is an 8.5 and is getting higher reviews, when it's not even close to the gameplay and authenticity of it's competitor? makes no sense
Old 10-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

I say dispense with the numbers and just leave impressions a la pastapadre.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I say dispense with the numbers and just leave impressions a la pastapadre.
just numbers to us but to some, the difference between which game they are going to buy. sad but true. i bet mike wang is sitting back like, are these reviews serious?? we make the most accurate basketball simulation ever and 2k still gets higher scores? the world is crazy.

team specific styles, ACCURATE PLAYER SPECIFIC PLAYS... wow. the other game doesn't even have plays. i strive to overstand this insanity

Last edited by fluent2332; 10-08-2009 at 12:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »