Home

NBA Live 10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #25
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
i was just addressing the previous poster "bro". the point isn't to bash 2K, it was to answer a question as to why one would think that 2K is on the downslide.
the game to me is still a 9.5. i could care less that it doesn't have duncans signature turnaround hook that he does once a game. the gameplay is still stellar and it's the best basketball game i've ever played. many others have shared this sentiment. how do we rate a game that is the best we've ever played in the genre. an 8? yet 2k.5 is an 8.5 and is getting higher reviews, when it's not even close to the gameplay and authenticity of it's competitor? makes no sense
Yes, it does make sense. I've got both and one is very complete...post move packages for multiple bigs, very deep dynasty, a tonne of player differentation.

Both have their flaws...but neither are a 9.5 type game. Like I said, LIVE's perimer game is an A+++ type game. At the moment, everyone is blown away by how good it is. It's brilliant

But...the post game, defense, dynasty etc are all a long way short of the standard set by the perimeter game. 9.5 = all aspects are great. Not just one.

Just enjoy the game...both are good this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I say dispense with the numbers and just leave impressions a la pastapadre.
Child Please
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
just numbers to us but to some, the difference between which game they are going to buy. sad but true. i bet mike wang is sitting back like, are these reviews serious?? we make the most accurate basketball simulation ever and 2k still gets higher scores? the world is crazy.

team specific styles, ACCURATE PLAYER SPECIFIC PLAYS... wow. the other game doesn't even have plays. i strive to overstand this insanity
Ummmm...the other game does have plays. Tonnes of them.

And i've known Beluba through these forums for around 7 years now...and I'd bet anything that Mike is NOT thinking that.

I'd bet he's thinking "the post game, dynasty and bigs differentation does need a lot of work"...and he'll be working hard on those things as a result.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 24

A 8 seems low, to me, but an obvious improvement, nonetheless. I know they have a long way to go, but damn. 2K10 got a 8.5 (down from a 9.0 just a year ago). It seems like any b-ball game worthy of a 10 around here will have us playing with real players from our living room!
Maybe I'm just not thinking of everything that could be done to deserve the ultimate prize.

But still, odd (for both games), considering Madden 10 got a 9.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Yes, it does make sense. I've got both and one is very complete...post move packages for multiple bigs, very deep dynasty, a tonne of player differentation.

Both have their flaws...but neither are a 9.5 type game. Like I said, LIVE's perimer game is an A+++ type game. At the moment, everyone is blown away by how good it is. It's brilliant

But...the post game, defense, dynasty etc are all a long way short of the standard set by the perimeter game. 9.5 = all aspects are great. Not just one.

Just enjoy the game...both are good this season.
hey man, don't want to argue or anything, so let's get that out of the way. here's my opinion

9.5 does not mean all aspects are great. ever use old music equipment? i'm talking old 70s and 80s stuff, outdated, etc, yet still goes for big money. why? some of that gear only does one simple thing (think a 303 bass for the musically inclined, or 808 drums). it does that one thing so incredibly well that it is still well sought after. some would say it's better to be a master of one thing than a jack of all trades. i would say that live's gameplay is so good that i don't care if the only mode was exhibition and online, it would still warrant a 9.5. i just think that in a basketball game where gameplay reigns supreme, that should be the be all end all of a review. the rest is bells and whistles. if you have no hands, what are you gonna do with bells and whistles? that's where i'm coming from. so we can respectfully agree to disagree.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
hey man, don't want to argue or anything, so let's get that out of the way. here's my opinion

9.5 does not mean all aspects are great. ever use old music equipment? i'm talking old 70s and 80s stuff, outdated, etc, yet still goes for big money. why? some of that gear only does one simple thing (think a 303 bass for the musically inclined, or 808 drums). it does that one thing so incredibly well that it is still well sought after. some would say it's better to be a master of one thing than a jack of all trades. i would say that live's gameplay is so good that i don't care if the only mode was exhibition and online, it would still warrant a 9.5. i just think that in a basketball game where gameplay reigns supreme, that should be the be all end all of a review. the rest is bells and whistles. if you have no hands, what are you gonna do with bells and whistles? that's where i'm coming from. so we can respectfully agree to disagree.
I think this is the best basketball game I have ever played. But a 9.5? come on man. The closest sports game to a 9.5 would be the Show. And that is a 9 at best.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I think this is the best basketball game I have ever played. But a 9.5? come on man. The closest sports game to a 9.5 would be the Show. And that is a 9 at best.
Agreed. This game is no 9.5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 9
Live did okay this year but dont get carried away........they still have alot missing compared to the competition. The game is more fun just cause its made for a younger crowd but 2k is a grown man game which is more difficult to play so some might complain on that. Other than that both games are great in my book . 2k has the edge this year but live is not far behind.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »