Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Like the new stuff in presentation but wow, they are losing me with this game however. No info what so ever on dynasty, and no questions fielded at all about anything. This is far different then the college football which leads me to believe that this game is still the red-headed step child. I don't know if its the dev team or EA's marketing wizards who decided to be silent about this game, but it is a mistake.

I hear cricketts.................

No amount of presentation will make me buy a game that has limited options in the most important mode, wheres my 2k8 box.

The features on the back of the box are mostly fluff and things we have come to expect from sports video games many years ago. EA acts like they are marketing to people who have never played these games before LOL.
You seriously have no idea how Marketing works. If you release all the Information too early, you risk people forgetting about their game. NCAA Basketball caters to a Niche audience, you have to look at the Big Picture to lure more people in.

If I were a betting man though, I would bet a Big announcement Next Monday. Reason being, Release something good the day before People go stand in line to buy Modern Warfare, that way it is still fresh in their head.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Question to the EA Devs: Will these update every year based on dynasty records?

Comment to EA Devs: Please don't let the fans ever do this again, TIA.

I still can't wait for this game, seriously hyped.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Like the new stuff in presentation but wow, they are losing me with this game however. No info what so ever on dynasty, and no questions fielded at all about anything. This is far different then the college football which leads me to believe that this game is still the red-headed step child. I don't know if its the dev team or EA's marketing wizards who decided to be silent about this game, but it is a mistake.

I hear cricketts.................

No amount of presentation will make me buy a game that has limited options in the most important mode, wheres my 2k8 box.

The features on the back of the box are mostly fluff and things we have come to expect from sports video games many years ago. EA acts like they are marketing to people who have never played these games before LOL.
You've posted this exact same spiel every time a new bit of info is released on this game. We get it, you're not impressed. Don't by the game and leave the NCAA 10 forum if it's THAT big of a deal to you.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
You seriously have no idea how Marketing works. If you release all the Information too early, you risk people forgetting about their game. NCAA Basketball caters to a Niche audience, you have to look at the Big Picture to lure more people in.

If I were a betting man though, I would bet a Big announcement Next Monday. Reason being, Release something good the day before People go stand in line to buy Modern Warfare, that way it is still fresh in their head.
I totally agree. It's actually the way marketing works and how it is successful.

However the main problem is, that they don't have much to talk about, otherwise marketing would have a way easier job on satisfying the crowd. In NBA Live they had so much new stuff to show, that it didn't got too repetitive. In NCAA they cannot talk much about gameplay improvements, besides the new motion offense, since NBA Live already took all the glamor away. Nobody would buy NCAA due to gameplay improvements which are already in NBA Live. Thus they are repeating their NCAA specific improvements, to at least keep their product in the light of attention, which is pretty annoying to fans, of course.

All you can hope for is, that they are still holding back on the biggest thing. However, time is ticking and once again EA.

No Dynasty on CH2k8 level, no buy!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
EA acts like they are marketing to people who have never played these games before LOL.
They ARE marketing to people who have never played their game before. Why is that surprising? They are trying to increase NCAA Basketball's fanbase to the level of NCAA Football or beyond.

The whole point of marketing is to get people who usually won't buy your product to actually buy it. OS consists of a lot of hardcore college basketball fans who will buy a "new and improved" NCAA Basketball game no matter what. We are not the target audience, and improved dynasty sim stats is not a mass appeal feature for the general public.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
All you can hope for is, that they are still holding back on the biggest thing. However, time is ticking and once again EA.
They aren't holding back features. It's less than two weeks away from the release date, and the official feature list has been out for a while.

Quote:
No Dynasty on CH2k8 level, no buy!
That's a pretty high standard. You probably won't see any EA game reach that level for several years.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

So I seriously have know idea how marketing works? You quite frankly have know idea what your talking about, did you even pay any attention to the info leading upto NCAA 10 football, there was all kinds of info being gleaned about that game well prior to release day i.e. no formation subs, no custom playbooks, no dreadlocks, dynasty tidbits you name it.

So thats how marketing works huh??

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 11-04-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks alot like 09. They need to hurry up with the dynasty info, if there is any.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »