Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Producer Video: Toughest Places to Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
You've posted this exact same spiel every time a new bit of info is released on this game. We get it, you're not impressed. Don't by the game and leave the NCAA 10 forum if it's THAT big of a deal to you.
Ok your impressed with this release info?

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 11-04-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with it. They did a TON of marketing/pre-release stuff for Live, check out a lot of that if you want to know more about NCAA 10. Plus gameplay is far and away #1 to me and if it plays like an improved/college version of Live (which it will) then I'll be ecstatic.

All dynasty needed to improve to make it enjoyable is an improved sim logic and some tweaking the recruiting. I don't need every little thing from 2K8's legacy mode to be in there for it the mode to be playable. If you're expecting a carbon copy of 2K8's legacy then you're out of your mind, you probably won't ever see it in an EA game. You do realize that 2K8's legacy mode is far and away the best legacy/career/dynasty mode in any next-gen game? The Show, Madden, NBA2K, NCAA Football - none of them are close. It's obviously not an easy mode to nail.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I love those arena aerial panouts. Awesome perspective there
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #20
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with it. They did a TON of marketing/pre-release stuff for Live, check out a lot of that if you want to know more about NCAA 10. Plus gameplay is far and away #1 to me and if it plays like an improved/college version of Live (which it will) then I'll be ecstatic.

All dynasty needed to improve to make it enjoyable is an improved sim logic and some tweaking the recruiting. I don't need every little thing from 2K8's legacy mode to be in there for it the mode to be playable. If you're expecting a carbon copy of 2K8's legacy then you're out of your mind, you probably won't ever see it in an EA game. You do realize that 2K8's legacy mode is far and away the best legacy/career/dynasty mode in any next-gen game? The Show, Madden, NBA2K, NCAA Football - none of them are close. It's obviously not an easy mode to nail.
I agree about 2k8, I guess I am just frustrated with how much info there was out about NCAA football 10 at this time in the cycle. I have posted quite a bit of positive thoughts on the game in general, just lately I feel like they are rehashing the same concepts which in my opinion add little to the game. Its little things like no player name under the A.I.'s player with possession of the ball that drive me crazy.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #21
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This where I think devs are not focusing on the right things. A lot of people might disagree with me here, but gameplay wise i think, that Live (a thus NCAA, too) is by far better than CH2k8. However I think that a lot of people will say, ok dynasty in NCAA still cannot compete, so I go with CH2k8. I think a great dynasty has so much impact on the sellings of a game, by far more than presentation and stuff.

Me personally, would probably favor 2k8 over NCAA 10, due to it's legacy mode and since I do have Live 10. I don't need Live 10 with NCAA teams but still terrible dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I agree about 2k8, I guess I am just frustrated with how much info there was out about NCAA football 10 at this time in the cycle.
I think in this case it's a little different since college football comes out before Madden so there's a ton of info. Granted Madden gets more info than any other game and both football games are way more popular than NCAA Basketball. Live came out before NCAA BB and there was way more info and the basketball games are more similar than EA's two football games.

The pre-release info for NCAA '10 could be better and I understand the frustration on the lack of news regarding dynasty. It just gets a little old when 90% of the posts in here the last two weeks have been complaining that we haven't gotten any dynasty news yet.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #23
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I thought Jab-step said he was going to sim some dynasty seasons and show stats from it.

Did I miss this somewhere?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #24
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Nope, he never followed through with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »