Home

NHL 10: Goalie Guide

This is a discussion on NHL 10: Goalie Guide within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 10: Goalie Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa83
I've been looking a guide like this, so good job putting this up.
I've only played few Goalie games and i just can't seems to figure out weather im suposed to rely on auto-saves or am i suposed to use right stick to press left or right to make save attempt. It is frustrating to let in 5 goals a game and everything i do have no impact on score line.

If i come out of the crease to get a slapper....REBOUND.....GOAL!. Cross crease pass.....GOAL!
Slapper as i am being screened....GOAL! or it hits a defender or bounces off of me and creates juicyest REBOUND on planet and guess what....GOAL!

Sometimes i get stucked between the two posts in a butterfly and cant move.....well thats my fault as im too deep on the net. I hope some of you would help out with the auto-save feature as im strugling to figure weather i use right stick to make a save or not.
I press right stick for blocker/glove saves all the time. What's helped my terrible average is going to the butterfly. i love and hate playing goalie.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
This is exactly the info I needed, just starting to play goalie. I'm shocked they have no tutorial for this mode.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa83
I've been looking a guide like this, so good job putting this up.
I've only played few Goalie games and i just can't seems to figure out weather im suposed to rely on auto-saves or am i suposed to use right stick to press left or right to make save attempt. It is frustrating to let in 5 goals a game and everything i do have no impact on score line.

If i come out of the crease to get a slapper....REBOUND.....GOAL!. Cross crease pass.....GOAL!
Slapper as i am being screened....GOAL! or it hits a defender or bounces off of me and creates juicyest REBOUND on planet and guess what....GOAL!

Sometimes i get stucked between the two posts in a butterfly and cant move.....well thats my fault as im too deep on the net. I hope some of you would help out with the auto-save feature as im strugling to figure weather i use right stick to make a save or not.
The only time I ever touch the right stick is pushing up to poke on a breakaway, the left trigger is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Yo im just wondering is there a player guide too? Just trying to get the best out of my skater ya know.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

We've got a scoring guide in the works that should go up early next week.

As for the right stick goalie saves, I mostly use them in place of the actual desperation saves since they are quicker but still give you that extra reach when you're out of position.

Desperation saves are something I really only bust out on the breakaways, as the diving poke check is a great move if the other guy isn't expecting it.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
This guide, along with some comments in response to it, has allowed me to go from a save percentage in the .700's and a GAA that's 4+ to a GAA between 1.50-1.75 with a .900+ save percentage! Thanks guys, a ton of help.

The only thing that ever actually scares me is when there's guys on my team playing as defenceman. Most are terrible and give up countless odd-man rushes, which result in me giving up 3 or 4 goals in those games. Cross crease passes are still tough for me and that's what most everyone does on odd-man rushes.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #15
Rookie

Is there a way to get your teams goalie helmet in be a pro?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Rookie

also for another hug post idea try RT + up on the right

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »