Home

NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 2K10 Roster Update Available

The updating of team strategies was a nice addition...thanks for including those as well.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Are the strats variable within a given team depending on the line / special teams?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Are the strats variable within a given team depending on the line / special teams?
I don't know about SP play, but if it is like Venoms it is not. I think venom only changed the overall strats not each line. I don't think anyone has done that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what SP play is. The original post says that there's a team strategy update. I want to know what that means, especially if it varies between lines.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
2K Sports Producer

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what SP play is. The original post says that there's a team strategy update. I want to know what that means, especially if it varies between lines.
It's just a default now set for all lines, but specific to each team. You're still able to change it for individual lines though. Essentially all teams are set up this way until you change them yourself, it was just what specific strategies they were playing that got changed.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

I wasn't too big on Venom's strats.. to be honest especially teams set to "All Out" That just makes your forwards skate all the way to the other teams blue line and wait for the puck even if the puck is still in the defensive zone.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
I wasn't too big on Venom's strats.. to be honest especially teams set to "All Out" That just makes your forwards skate all the way to the other teams blue line and wait for the puck even if the puck is still in the defensive zone.
Hmmm, maybe this is why the game has been playing so differently the last two patches. Almost every game since then the cpu has gone bananas on offense, shooting like crazy in the first period. I'm going to have to adjust the strats or just try out one of the older rosters to see if it plays better. Just seems like the gameplay has taken a turn for the worse during the last two roster updates, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
Hmmm, maybe this is why the game has been playing so differently the last two patches. Almost every game since then the cpu has gone bananas on offense, shooting like crazy in the first period. I'm going to have to adjust the strats or just try out one of the older rosters to see if it plays better. Just seems like the gameplay has taken a turn for the worse during the last two roster updates, imo.
Yeah it may have something to do with it, although the CPU will shoot too much period, even with shot freq at 0 and pass freq almost maxed. Another thing to try is raising cpu one timer freq. Although i'm still trying to get the Dmen to stop pinching so deep. There are still too many breakaways even when your strategy is "stay back"

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »