Home

NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

This is a discussion on NHL 10: Scoring Strategies within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

If there’s one area where NHL 2K10 significantly outperforms NHL 10, it’s in the variety-of-goals department. NHL 10, while fun to play, really limits the ways you’re able to generate goals. So hockey fans who pick up the game and try to replicate the kinds of scoring strategies they see on TV might have issues earning wins at first.

Fact is, if players wants to score consistently in NHL 10, they have to drop some of those real-life strategies (scoring off clean shots) and lean a bit more on the side of “video-game strategy.”

So with that in mind, here are some ways to consistently score in NHL 10.

Read more - NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Def will be trying these out . i figured out the rebound goal , but the others are welcome addition
Old 11-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice guide. I'm loving NHL 10 this year after feeling NHL 2K9 was the better game last year.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

Nice article, man!

Definitely having trouble in my BAP (6 points in 20 games) so I will try these out and see if I can get my guy going!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21
Good guide but this is unacceptable to me. '08 and '09 did a much better job of allowing you to score clean goals, which is part of the real NHL. I want this game to be a sim, not a one-timer fest. You should be able to snipe, especially with guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. I hope EA addresses the severe lack of clean goals in a future patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is my first time playing the game since probably '05 so I'm learning while having a blast in BAP.

I am using "classic" controls (not the default which is this year's tougher version from what I can grasp) and can't figure out how to execute a one timer which I'd like to figure out as my BAP is a Defenseman.

Can anyone provide assistance? I play on the PS3.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Good guide but this is unacceptable to me. '08 and '09 did a much better job of allowing you to score clean goals, which is part of the real NHL. I want this game to be a sim, not a one-timer fest. You should be able to snipe, especially with guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. I hope EA addresses the severe lack of clean goals in a future patch.
Agreed 100%.

I'd love to see more clean snipes, but you have to significantly alter the sliders to do it offline, and for those of us who play exclusively online, slider tweaking is not an option.

It's in EA's hands whether or not they can create a solution for online matches.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsdp
This is my first time playing the game since probably '05 so I'm learning while having a blast in BAP.

I am using "classic" controls (not the default which is this year's tougher version from what I can grasp) and can't figure out how to execute a one timer which I'd like to figure out as my BAP is a Defenseman.

Can anyone provide assistance? I play on the PS3.
I haven't tried the classic controls this year, but if it's anything like last year's, you have to press and hold the shot button before you receive the pass to take a one-timer.

So basically, you want to press and hold shoot right after you press pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »