Home

NHL 2K10 Patch List

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Patch List within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: NHL 2K10 Patch List

Great list of fixes! Thanks Shadow!

While I'm eagerly awaiting the patch, I'm equally dreading the possibility of having to adjust sliders again because of the gameplay tuning. But, I'll take a patch and tweak over no patch any day.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Very comprehensive list.... thx very much for listening to customer feedback. I may have missed it, but my questions are:

Will there be any fix for shot and clearing animations, especially making backhand clearing attempts and some shots stay as backhand and not switching to awkward looking forehand attempts?

When advancing the puck from the defensive zone and through the neutral zone, it seems that aiming to pass off the boards is ineffectual (I use 80 human pass with 33 pass aim assist, which should be more than enough to accomplish a bank pass on pro control). Instead it goes straight up ice to the receiver. Will the patch address bank passes at all?

Thx so much and possibly putting 2K back into the hockey gaming race and into the lead where it belongs!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

that's a great list....

my 2 favorites are the d-men agressiveness tuning in the zone and odd man rushes.

If this is really well done.....the game will be great. D-men a.i was the only reason I stopped playing. The rest is icing on the cake for me, but happy nonentheless.

Hopefully, the changes are very pronounced.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Thankyou for posting the list!

Also, as some others have asked, will this patch be available for ps3 owners?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
Glad to see that 2k is trying to bring their game back to respectability. Also glad that they are slowly 'de-glitching' the game.

Great fix-list, however there's no mention of backward-to-forward skating transition fixes... (big problem with user control)

Also, although this is minor, it would have been great for them to fix the goalie 'warping' and 'immediate resetting' after a goal... just an aesthetic touch, but NHL 2K8 had realistic goalie animations following goals.

I look forward to the day that 2k fans can just pop their game in their console, and PLAY the hell out of it instead of trying to 'repair' or investigate 'workarounds' for gameplay or game mode inadequacies.

Thanks Shadow - is this the first and last patch that 2K10 will see?

Cheers,
Cozmicoz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
that's a great list....

my 2 favorites are the d-men agressiveness tuning in the zone and odd man rushes.

If this is really well done.....the game will be great. D-men a.i was the only reason I stopped playing. The rest is icing on the cake for me, but happy nonentheless.

Hopefully, the changes are very pronounced.
Same here, if its fixed in a manner that actually makes the game fun and removes the frustration factor from watching dmen just skate away from the puck on a regular basis, I'll go back to it. On the whole thats the biggest flaw with 2k10 and really with 2k hockey from 2k4 on, CPU lack of puck awareness.

I'm actually not playing any hockey at all right now due to Dragon Age on the PC and Modern Warfare 2 on the 360.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

Thanks Shadow and 2K for the info. Thank you for listening to fans issues/concerns.

This is a pretty impressive list
Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Same here, if its fixed in a manner that actually makes the game fun and removes the frustration factor from watching dmen just skate away from the puck on a regular basis, I'll go back to it. On the whole thats the biggest flaw with 2k10 and really with 2k hockey from 2k4 on, CPU lack of puck awareness.

I'm actually not playing any hockey at all right now due to Dragon Age on the PC and Modern Warfare 2 on the 360.
I don't blame you those 2 games kick ***!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »