Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
NCAA Basketball 10 Developer Q&A (Gameshark)

Gameshark has posted a Q&A session with Producer, Connor Dougan about what fans can expect to see this year from NCAA Basketball 10.

Quote:
Gameshark: "Let's talk meat -- how has the gameplay improved? I thought NCAA 09 made some strides but still had a ways to go in terms of AI -- particularly on defense. I think it's great that the presentation has been addressed but how does it play this year? Additionally, can you go into the new play calling system and how it functions?"

Connor Dougan: "In NCAA Basketball 2010, we introduced the motion movement control. It's basically push-button play calling and results in off-ball movements which are in line with your selected motion offense. The key is to get in the motion offenses' preferred formation. Once there, an overlay/graphic will appear, indicating that you and your teammates are in a position to create motion movement. If the motion movement control is pressed when guys are not in formation, a basic cut to the basket will play out. After pressing the motion movement control, a button will appear over the head of the next recipient in the play. Follow the play to completion or stray away from the play if other opportunities present themselves. Plays last between 5-10 seconds and some plays have multiple options. It's important to see what other options come about when the first option isn't used."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 10 - Developer Q&A

Nice find! That does shed some light on some issues! Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Jecooper9's Arena

OVR: 4

I think with the gameplay improvements and the info we got Dynasty should be enough to hold me until Ncaa 11!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Im guessing that if you cant play as a non-user team, you also can't watch a game if it involves non-user teams. That kind of sucks. You put time into a season and it would be nice to take in the season other than what happens specifically to your teams. It would especially be nice to watch other tournament games...if you want to.

Also,
Quote:
We invested a lot of time into tuning the sim engine this year.
can be interpreted in different ways. It could mean, "the sim engine was importante so we spent a lot of time on it," or it could have meant, "we didnt want to spend a lot of time on it but we ended up spending far more time on it than we wanted/expected."
Old 11-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Lets get it out now there will be a bug its bound to happen. but this sounds like a good game. lets give it a chance plez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Damn beat me to it.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/2009/1...interview.html

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Sucks about not being able to play other games, but I assumed that to be the case by now. Glad to hear about the dynasty improvements. That's at least pulling me back in.

Looking forward to the demo. I loved Live's demo gameplay wise, but the lack of dynasty kept me away. Some Live gameplay issues have popped up, but hopefully NCAA can exceed in the gameplay department. Still worried about it getting stale though. The different offenses are cool, but will they tie teams down from running fastbreaks or other ways of playing if it presents itself? Hope not.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

love hearing about the improvements to sim logic and recruiting. Couple that with the presentation and gameplay changes and I'm a happy camper.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »