Home

NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 2010 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

No franchise was more in need of a makeover last fall than EA's (formerly known as) March Madness series. The crescendo of the franchise's downfall came with March Madness 08, which turned out to be the equivalent of a number 16 seed after the first day of the NCAA Tournament -- routed by a vastly superior opponent and lucky to even have been invited to the big dance. Thankfully, EA listened to the criticism leveled at the March Madness series and decided to start from scratch. The result was NCAA Basketball 09.

NCAA Basketball 09 corrected many of the nagging issues from the March Madness series and implemented a core experience that could be built upon in future iterations of the series. While the game was ultimately crippled by some annoying bugs (for example, playing zone against the CPU would force an ungodly amount of turnovers) and a lackluster dynasty mode, the overall game was a very solid Freshman effort by EA. 2008 marked the year that the developers at EA once again made their college basketball offering relevant.

And now with the first week of college basketball upon us, it is only natural that EA has released NCAA Basketball 10. Touting revolutionary television presentation, an all-new motion offense mechanic and yearly team and player "dynamic" updates, NCAA Basketball 10 is ready to up the tempo and try to run all other 2009 hoops competition out of the gym.

So is the game ready to ascend to the level of a UNC, UCLA and Michigan State, or is NCAA 10's bubble going to burst well before March?

Read More - NCAA Basketball 10 Review

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

So how does this game get a 6 and NCAA Football receives an 8?.. honestly if the word "basketball" were replaced with "football" in the review, it would sound like you were describing the same game...clipping, animation issues, boring dynasty..

Quote:
..overall generic feel to each and every game I played
Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Ouch! I believe this game does deserve a 6, but I think the football games are getting a little too easy of grades. No way this game isn't close to the same par as NCAA Football is. I think OS should do a review but then after 2 months do a final thoughts thing. That way we won't see a game getting a 9, but everyone getting sick of it after a couple weeks.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great honest review! Now back to CH2k8......Oh and lets try to be this hard on Madden and NCAA Football.....Great review though Chris!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
L1 is motion offense on PS3 and last year you had to be friends in order to get rosters. DVD9 on 360 is what really hurts presentation and commentary. Hell look at commentary on MLB The Show with bluray capability. Game warrants a score higher than a 6 considering what some of the other basketball titles received this year, with little improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Review is right on the money. If anything, I think it was too kind and generous. Oh well, I needed another coaster anyway.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
2K Fanboys are going to eat this up. After reading the impression thread I am still picking this game up. I think the fear of being labelled an EA support is causing reviews on this site to be overly critical of there games.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
L1 is motion offense on PS3 and last year you had to be friends in order to get rosters. DVD9 on 360 is what really hurts presentation and commentary. Hell look at commentary on MLB The Show with bluray capability. Game warrants a score higher than a 6 considering what some of the other basketball titles received this year, with little improvement.
Well of course if they used Blu-Ray......it would be a whole nother' ballgame!!!! Great point!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »