Home

NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
I hope they make points in the paint more difficult and jump shooting a little easier but not too much.
Yeah I agree on the points in the paint. Still not difficult enough IMO but it is much better than its ever been.

I don't think there really is much left for them to patch other than those horrible servers that are always down and some other little things. This game has been unbelievably good for me. Sports game of the year if you ask me.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
Rookie

bluemj32's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Lol @ Pappy Knuckles. Although the last patch improved certain areas of the game, it worsened others. Visual Concepts has dropped the ball for the last two years with the NBA 2K franchise. I don't know what to expect from this new patch, but NBA 2K10 may be trade-in value by time January rolls around. I may be a sports nut, but AC2 is looking pretty good right about now. And not releasing any details other than online and My Player fixes is not helping.

What gm have you been playing since patch 1 dropped?...Besides my player and online (which I also don't play) there are minor things that need to be addressed but nothing major to where its unplayable, this gm play is by far the best that I have played and Ive played bball gms going back 2 good ol double dribble. Every1 has their prefrences but what are your issues that make you want to turn it in?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Good to see 2k workin hard. I also will not download this patch. I feel that with patch 1, the game is damn near perfect for me. I don't play online and don't play my player much so it won't bother me not to download it. Strictly offline association here.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemj32
What gm have you been playing since patch 1 dropped?...Besides my player and online (which I also don't play) there are minor things that need to be addressed but nothing major to where its unplayable, this gm play is by far the best that I have played and Ive played bball gms going back 2 good ol double dribble. Every1 has their prefrences but what are your issues that make you want to turn it in?
Touché on Double Dribble.
NBA 2K10 post-patch is a marked improvement over the retail release. I'm not denying that. But for me, there are still issues, albeit minor, like: the automatic alley-oops when I'm attempting a normal pass; a few unnecessary "bump" shooting animations in the paint causing my player to make a shot attempt more difficult than it should be; and there are still a few defensive rotation fallacies prevalent in the AI (i.e. the player guarding the pick, more often than not, pulls off his man at times when it's not necessary, thus leaving his assignment with an easy scoring opportunity) to name a few. And in MY honest opinion, the "sluggish control" engine has gotten old. And this is coming from someone that's been playing NBA 2K since NBA 2K3. Even though Live IMO is an inferior game, it is miles ahead of the 2K series in terms of control. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. It's just that once you've gotten accustomed to the quality delivered by their 2007 lineup of bball games (more notably, CH 2K8), that sets a standard in quality that the last 2 games haven't come close to reaching. I understand that others may feel differently, and I respect that. But as a fan, this is how I feel about what NBA 2K has become.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
Rookie

bluemj32's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Touché on Double Dribble.
NBA 2K10 post-patch is a marked improvement over the retail release. I'm not denying that. But for me, there are still issues, albeit minor, like: the automatic alley-oops when I'm attempting a normal pass; a few unnecessary "bump" shooting animations in the paint causing my player to make a shot attempt more difficult than it should be; and there are still a few defensive rotation fallacies prevalent in the AI (i.e. the player guarding the pick, more often than not, pulls off his man at times when it's not necessary, thus leaving his assignment with an easy scoring opportunity) to name a few. And in MY honest opinion, the "sluggish control" engine has gotten old. And this is coming from someone that's been playing NBA 2K since NBA 2K3. Even though Live IMO is an inferior game, it is miles ahead of the 2K series in terms of control. I'm not saying the game is unplayable. It's just that once you've gotten accustomed to the quality delivered by their 2007 lineup of bball games (more notably, CH 2K8), that sets a standard in quality that the last 2 games haven't come close to reaching. I understand that others may feel differently, and I respect that. But as a fan, this is how I feel about what NBA 2K has become.

Got ya, yeah Im hoping next yr they do address the controls, it is 2 difficult @ times to perform the desired move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not sure what else they could fix besides the My player clones...or my player in general..

So uhmm fix.... uhh Carlos Arroyo? I heard that there was no way to fix the black arms unless its patched.

So yea, fix Carlos
Old 11-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I hope they fix the turbo and bring back the drive animations after a triple threat its needed because the sliding is horrible...
Old 11-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
That spiel out of the way, I won't be downloading this. The game plays perfect to me at the moment. I love every second of it. I don't want anything adding overtime glitches or something.

And no, I don't play My Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Good to see 2k workin hard. I also will not download this patch. I feel that with patch 1, the game is damn near perfect for me. I don't play online and don't play my player much so it won't bother me not to download it. Strictly offline association here.

I agree.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »