Home

NCAA Football 11 Potential Features (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Potential Features (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 11 Potential Features (Pasta Padre)

1. Play Styles
2. Coaching Carousel
3. TV (ESPN) Presentation

Please implement the idea of coaching and the influences of a coaching system. That is a huge #1 for me. We already control most of the coaching decisions (recruiting, playing time, etc....) it is about time these features get fleshed out and apply to the overall value of the game.

Playbook Creator/Editor is not even listed....ugh.

Team entrances??? Really guys....that 5 seconds is worth 20% of the development time?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Most people usually end up skipping the team entrances after the first time or two, anyway, so I don't see why they would be that big of a deal, especially since it would probably only cover a couple of schools overall.

Locomotion has to be number 1. The physics in EA Football games are awful and have been the entire console cycle.

ESPN Presentation should be number 2 given that NCAA Football has been recycling the same boring presentation package for like 6 or 7 years.

Number three could be any number of things, as none of them are on the same level of importance as locomotion and ESPN presentation.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Padre
NCAA Football's problem isn’t a lack of features or modes. There is arguably no sports game that can match NCAA Football 10 in that regard. It is the lack of enhancements directly related to gameplay and the weak representation of college emotion.
He's right on this one.

Let's hope the developers are listening.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

1.Locomotion
2.ESPN presentation
3.Coaching carousels
Old 11-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

1. Locomotion

2. Play Styles

3. Coaching carousels

If the first two aren't in, then I will probably pass on this game for the 3rd year in a row.

I'm dreading reading an interview with one of the producers sometime next May or June where he talks about how ESPN presentation and team entrances took up 80% of the development time, so not much else got addressed.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 25

So what happens when NCAA 11 comes out and not a single feature on that list is in the game? It may sound ridiculous, but I can absolutely see that happening. Anyway the three I would choose are:

1. Locomotion
2. ESPN Presentation
3. Authentic styles of play

We really really really should get more than just 3 from that list though. We've been asking for most of that since the transition to the current gen.

Last edited by thmst30; 11-28-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 17

I say stop adding even MORE modes to the too many you have now and just perfect the ones you already have and make them more realistic and rewarding to play.

Better Physics, More authentic team specific play styles, and user created customizable camera settings! And I like the coaches having their own playbooks and take them with them when they leave

Teams should also have to learn the playbooks and there should be a playbook awareness or efficiency rating for teams. The more they run a certain play effectively, they should get some sort of efficiency increase for the next time they run it and conversely if a team isnt successful running certain plays, they should have a low rating for that play which could add a whole new strategic focus element of practicing certain plays during the week!

Teams shouldnt just be equally strong at running any play in the entire pool of NCAA Plays. There should be some element of learning and progression with plays thru repetition and practice. It would make it much more rewarding to earn those big gains with your playcalling

And please give us more subtle individuality and attributes between the players to creat a much more dynamic and diversified game of football
Old 11-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
they should add a feature where you can play with a "classic" team online,that would be awesome.I'd roll with the 85 Auburn Tigers.I only metioned that because I played my Ncaa 04,06 recently,I still love those games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »