Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Patch, Most Likely Won't Happen (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Patch, Most Likely Won't Happen (Pasta Padre) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Patch, Most Likely Won't Happen (Pasta Padre)

I kind of knew and felt it. With good sliders in place i can honestly say it's about as good as NBA Live 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Obviously fixing the post game is not as simple as we think. Thanks to everybody for working hard to try to make this work. Very dissapointing EA
Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow man, this is really messed up. How on earth can you realease a game then just abandon it? EA is constantly proving the consumers right with these shady business practices.

Thats like if you bought a car, it ended up having a recall that needed to be fixed, then the company drops that whole line of cars? Thats crazy.

I really will not be surprised if Live is next. Look at the lack of proper DNA updates. If its updated daily, why are my rosters still not accurate?! SMH!!

I will not purchase another EA basketball game period! NCAA Basketball is it for me. If we had a choice in football games, i wouldnt even bother with madden.

Sorry for the rant, but i am really frustrated. With a patch, the game would be awesome.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #28
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to keep the game now. I was holding out hope they'd be planning on fixing the freezing issue for those who experience it, but since they aren't there's not much reason for me to keep it. They have a really good starting point here too IMO, sucks that it's not something EA is willing to put more into.

If there is an EA college basketball game next year I'll be waiting to see if they're going to patch it or not. It sounds like there's doubt if there will be a game next year, but I do hope they continue this series, if they are dedicated to it.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a real shame because with some slider tweaks and named rosters I was having a blast playing on the All Conference level. I enjoy this game 20 times more than that joke of a college game NCAA Football that EA Tibruon has been churning out next gen! They should cancel the college football and continue to improve this series. The college feel of D1 B-Ball games is very realistic and I like the quick motion offense feature. EA Canada also pulled off something special with the dual network presentation. I really like this game and a patch could have taken it to another level. For shame EA. I guess they have to look at the business bottom line.

P.S. NCAA Football 10 is straight trash! Had to say that.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #30
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

This is a genuine issue.

Producers came on here for over a month to essentially promote the game. They came here to sell it and to convince people to spend their $$.

To then dissapear and to seemingly abandon the game = extremely poor.

I am sorry for you guys who have freezing issues. You've essentially been done over for your $$.

EA did a lot to get people back on board with their products...it's kind of stunning the way they've ruined all that goodwill post the 2010 game releases.

The fellas who came here seemed legit...so I guess it's senior management directing them to move on and not support the products. No one should be angry at the producers as I doubt they are happy about all this. Same with LIVE, where members of that production team were removed from the product post release. This is the reality of big business...those fellas likely had little say in anything.

Extremely poor though. I was going to get this eventually if there was a patch that fixed a few things.

Definitely won't be getting it now.............
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #31
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Obviously fixing the post game is not as simple as we think. Thanks to everybody for working hard to try to make this work. Very dissapointing EA
It is that simple man...that's the frustrating thing for us as consumers.

To do so though costs $$. It requires time...man hours...resources...

NBA 2K10 had terrible interior D out of the box...and people were genuinely angry. A lot of other issues also.

People power won out and they came back with a killer patch that even added new defensive animations and AI defenseive code and fixed most issues. Why did they do it? Because their game sells close to 500 000 copies on each major console and they needed to keep the masses pleased. The company could justify the expense.

Unfortunately, NCAA hardly sells...so they are essentially saying "you 20 000 odd guys who bought it are not worth enough financially for us to spend $$$ fixing our product". That's the bottom line.

It really is that simple. Companies work out whether the time and money invested will be worth the reward they get. No one really cares about "doing the right thing".

They come on here now and say "hey, maybe we'll fix it in the future"........which basically means "look, if somehow this thing sells like crazy over christmas and we've got a bigger market, hell yeah we will look after them".

As it stands now though, small market = no support.

If FIFA had major issues....it would be fixed. Quickly.

Sony did the same thing with NBA 09. They didn't even realease a single roster update if I recall correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #32
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
It is that simple man...that's the frustrating thing for us as consumers.

To do so though costs $$. It requires time...man hours...resources...

NBA 2K10 had terrible interior D out of the box...and people were genuinely angry. A lot of other issues also.

People power won out and they came back with a killer patch that even added new defensive animations and AI defenseive code and fixed most issues. Why did they do it? Because their game sells close to 500 000 copies on each major console and they needed to keep the masses pleased. The company could justify the expense.

Unfortunately, NCAA hardly sells...so they are essentially saying "you 20 000 odd guys who bought it are not worth enough financially for us to spend $$$ fixing our product". That's the bottom line.

It really is that simple. Companies work out whether the time and money invested will be worth the reward they get. No one really cares about "doing the right thing".

They come on here now and say "hey, maybe we'll fix it in the future"........which basically means "look, if somehow this thing sells like crazy over christmas and we've got a bigger market, hell yeah we will look after them".

As it stands now though, small market = no support.

If FIFA had major issues....it would be fixed. Quickly.

Sony did the same thing with NBA 09. They didn't even realease a single roster update if I recall correctly.
I agree with all of your points. We all know that EA is suffering with big losses as a corp and down sizing certainly around the corner, so man power probably will become thin. Madden is their baby and will continue to get the attention.

My point on the post game is that live and ncaa suffer with it, and you are dead on with 2k. I continue to work the game and it is night and day with their update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »