Home

Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 46
finally we know its coming out!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Backbreaker Fact Sheet and Screenshots

I'm going to buy it unless it just gets absolute horrible reviews. My reasoning: help the competition to force other companies to work harder. The more competition between game companies the better quality product gamers get to enjoy.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Franchise mode smanchise mode.

I played several hundred games of All Pro Football 2K8 because the gameplay was simply that good.

I see no reason why this game won't be just as fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

I played several hundred games of All Pro Football 2K8 because the gameplay was simply that good.

What he said^

I dont see why people are getting so upset at no franchise mode. Like Madden's franchise mode works great. LOL
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

I hope they have a fileshare feature so we can have an official OS Backbreaker ratings panel that works on a kick butt official NFL AND NCAA roster.

I wonder what the rating system is like. I'll be very interested to see what take Backbreaker uses. There's a lot of precedent set out there for ratings with abilities, and extremely intricate ratings by EA. I'd be just giddy if they went the ability route. Quick Hit went that way - but they are former 2k'ers. I'm more inclined to think we'll see numbers.

It looks like we won't be getting any league functions.. but that's totaly okay. We can run that on OS no problemo. I just need the superior gameplay and no canned tackles!!!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 12-01-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 47
This game has me curious.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

With a franchise mode, it will be twice as fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Definitely will be a deal breaker.

And I REALLY wish they would have modeled players and equipment more modern and realistic. This will be a fun rental. But I have no plans to commit to spending $60 for a demo of an awesome physics engine.
That there highlighted portion is EXACTLY what I believe this game is all about. Been saying it from day 1 after it was revealed that EA turned Natural Motion down to use the Euphoria engine in Madden. I think that they said prove to use that this engine can work in football game by creating your own and we'll see how the numbers play out, as well, and if it is successful, POW, we'll bring it in because honestly, when u think about it, the engine is not proven to work in a sports game, at all. Only GTAIV, Star Wars Unleashed and the upcoming Red Dead Revolver use the engine. That Indiana Jones game was to use it but the game got canned.
It would have been foolish to buy the engine and not be able to make a smooth transition into Madden because it could have REALLY messed up Madden and messed with their financial projections if the game would have gotten canned for a year but who knows if this is how it will play out or what have you.

Anyway, I want to check this out. The graphics are very weak looking but it goes back to what I believe - It's a demo aimed at EA. As long as they had the basics, I think it serves it's purpose, in that regard, just like the rest of the game sounding very basic, not even mentioning the inclusion of a franchise in the fact sheet. I believe it's all for EA to iron out once they get the engine and Nat. Mot. doesn't have to worry about the particulars and just have to get the game running and playing well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »