Home

Fight Night Round 4 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Fight Night Round 4 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here

EA has released the patch for Fight Night Round 4. Post your impressions here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by grunt; 12-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Patch is up

I also uploaded it. I need more time before I come to a conclusion on if I like or not.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Is this patch just for online or does it apply to offline as well? thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Is this patch just for online or does it apply to offline as well? thanks
I think both.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I think both.
Thanks, can't wait to try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

the suction is gone and that makes the movement much better, but it still needs a bit of work.

so far i'm pleased with the update.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
the suction is gone and that makes the movement much better, but it still needs a bit of work.

so far i'm pleased with the update.
Sweet, I want to see more impressions! I'm stuck at work. Can't wait to get home and Dl the patch, man I hope it kills the cheese.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #8

OVR: 34

I just played 3 fights and I do notice a difference, but I learned my lesson with the first patch. And that is the game will not change what it is at its core. No patch will do that.

That being said, I think the game is where it needs to be (strictly online speaking). All my bouts were Heavyweight, so the boxers moved slower, but I did notice it is easier to escape that magnet feel. People still try to do it, but it doesn't slow things down like it once did. I also feel like I can say stamina may not be perfect, but it's in the vicinity of where it needs to be. I definitely noticed that the two guys I fought grew tired faster when they kept throwing their body shots. In the past I felt I couldn't handle it, but this time around I am able to go deep into the fight. All of my 3 fights went 8+ rounds and the fighters were extremely fatigued. That's something I have been wanting and I think it's now in the online portion of this game.

As an example, in my second fight this morning, I fought a guy that was throwing a lot of punches early. Through 5 rounds I tried my best not to fall into the trap of competing punch for punch. That's very hard for me. Anyway, rounds 6-8 really started to show him tired, and that's when I felt I noticed the patch was positive in the stamina area. My 3rd fight went pretty similar, going 9 rounds and seeing me knock him down in the ninth and then finishing it in the 10th.

I'm not exceptional at this game, so I know those of you that can bob and weave and pick your punches should enjoy the game now. Don't expect to see drastic changes though. The patch doesn't do that. It just levels things some so that you can set yourself up a strategy, rather than feeling like you are manipulating a video game.

The one thing the patch does do that's day and night is illegal blows. In my third fight I could feel my opponent trying to headbutt me. You know when they have a certain style the headbutts roll in. It's nice to know they can't do that now.

So anyway, I like it. I feel like there's more on the side of strategy now, whereas before the first patch just didn't give me the chance to compete on my terms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »