Home

MLB 2K9 Blamed for Take-Two Losses

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Blamed for Take-Two Losses within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K9 Blamed for Take-Two Losses

I have hope as well. MLB 2K9 is full of problems, but a relatively good foundation is there.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Good, the market is working. Put out a good game and gamers will come.
Bingo.

We always say if you don't like Madden, etc. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET! After 2K9, this is a good thing. Maybe they'll actually make a good game this year.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #19
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I have hope as well. MLB 2K9 is full of problems, but a relatively good foundation is there.
I agree, but I just think the problems were too numerous and touched all facets of the game that one year isn't enough to get to the majority of it and fix it.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
MLB is not a popular sport anymore. Buying an exclusive license for it was beyond idiotic.

The MLB is dying a slow death. Not americas past time.
This is probably one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on OS. Is that why minor league attendance has increased yearly? Is that why, in this economy, MLB attendance has only declined 8% in two years after a record attendance in 2007. Yep, sure is a dying sport.

It's still one of the most popular sports in the world, I don't know how anyone can disagree. Of course it's not America's Pastime, it hasn't been for years. Football has seemingly been America's sport for 20 years or more.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
This is probably one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen on OS. Is that why minor league attendance has increased yearly? Is that why, in this economy, MLB attendance has only declined 8% in two years after a record attendance in 2007. Yep, sure is a dying sport.

It's still one of the most popular sports in the world, I don't know how anyone can disagree. Of course it's not America's Pastime, it hasn't been for years. Football has seemingly been America's sport for 20 years or more.
i am going to agree with this. Its holding pretty good. Put out a good product not blasted by scandals (steroid usage) and its going to do ok. The sport isnt for everyone obviously, but as far as popularity, its doing fine. It will always do fine imo. There is just to much money to be made in the sport not too. WHat other sport is there where a playing can get a 250million dollar contract?

NOt even basketball can do that.

Football is the sport thats pissing me off. They are pussifying it so much, it just makes me shake my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm glad this is happening, this series has been a disaster on this generation of consoles and 2K deserves what they're getting. As someone else said, the market is working.

It was my second favorite sports series on Xbox/PS2 after NCAA Football and then it fell off like crazy and its fall is the biggest reason why I switched from 360 to PS3 this generation.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
MLB is not a popular sport anymore. Buying an exclusive license for it was beyond idiotic.

You really don't know what you're talking about. It's the sport with the second highest ratings. It's right after football. Some dudes on OS have no idea what the hell their talking about. MLB the show sells well and it's a Sony exclusive. Bad products will do bad, and that's the main problem with 2k baseball.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #24
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

I guess you haven't seen MLB's gate receipts and attendance figures lately. While they're slightly down (and really, that's not surprising given the climate we're in) it's still a money making machine and attendance levels are sky high.

MLB also is making a boatload of money off of their internet business being the one sports league that jumped into that early on and built a strong following for their online Extra Innings (or whatever it's called) package.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »