Home

Madden NFL 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

Chris Johnson, in only his second season in the NFL, is leading the league in rushing by 200 yards, racking up 1,242 yards. He is averaging 6.2 YPC and has already surpassed last year's total of 1,228 yards. And remember, there are still six games left to be played, which means we could see a 2,000 yard season.

Chris Johnson has proven that he can make great reads, and he has also proven that he is not easy to take down. But the main reason Chris Johnson has been so successful: his spectacular speed in the open field. When he notices a hole, he hits it. And once he reaches the secondary, it's over.

Read More - Madden NFL 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 55
I liked this tip. That run at the end was sick!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 50
Wow this tip is great, it would probably also work with Reggie Bush. That's the only back that I can think of in madden with "Blazing Speed"
Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
thats a cool run and all for illustration purposes but,Why did Jaques Reeves on the strong side all of a sudden do a 360 at the point of attack and run himself out of the play?Also why was the defense shifted to the weakside.I also noticed the Te was uncovered.This defense was doomed from the start.I'm just saying.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10: AskMadden Tip of the Week

To further the run with the Titans, I would suggest using an Olinemen in the TE spot and moving Alge Crumpler to 2nd string WR and Britt as your first string. Both of your WRs now have 50+ run blocking and will hold their blocks for more then eough time for Johnson to scamper past on outside runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
To further the run with the Titans, I would suggest using an Olinemen in the TE spot and moving Alge Crumpler to 2nd string WR and Britt as your first string. Both of your WRs now have 50+ run blocking and will hold their blocks for more then eough time for Johnson to scamper past on outside runs.

very excellent tip,i do this alot.with the titans they have 3 very good pass catching te's,so if you pa this formation there still is no drop off,especially if u sub in Jared Cook.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
The risk associated with this is that your opponent will see the big set and come out with a more physical defense to defend the run.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9
I'm on my second year of my franchise with the Lions and Felix Jones, who I traded for at the first season's trade deadline, is a beast. He's so fast, no one can stop him. He recently totaled 181 yards on 18 carries and I'm already playing on all-madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »